Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is how to get your radio code without having to go to the dealership. These instructions are for the QP and stock Blaupunkt M139 radio and NAV unit.

You will need to retrieve the radio serial number (starts with BP) and the model/part number starts with 76 and then visit any one of a number of websites that will generate the code for you (about $10-$20). I used radio-code.co.uk.

The serial number and part number are on the right hand side of the radio. To access the radio you need to remove 5 screws. Two are behind the clock/vent unit at the top (unit just pops out), 1 is under the cup holder (remove the rubber drip gasket) and the last two are at the base of the trim panel surrounding the NAV unit after you pop out the cup holder base.

Took about 5 minutes to get at the radio and 10 minutes to put it back together (funny how that happens).

Saves you a trip to the dealership and the $175 fee to retrieve the code.

Thanks to all for tips on how to get the radio out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
02 Cambiocorsa Coupe is not the same as Quatro

02 Cambiocorsa Coup is not the same as Quatro
. . . any help with the 02 Cambiocorsa Coupe.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, didn't see your header!

·
Registered
2008 Maserati quattroporte
6 Posts
I've never had I huge problem getting a radio code from a dealership. I am currently on my second Maserati QP. I buy QP from salvage auctions and fix them up. When calling the dealership I start off the conversation like this once I get connected to parts.

Hey how's it going buddy I'm calling from (so and so dealership) I was wondering if you can help me out with a radio code for a 2008 Maserati quattroporte...

They always say yes and always ask for the last 6 digest of the VIN.

Last year when I purchase my first Maserati I actually did work for used car dealership. The second time I called which was actually yesterday, as I just purchased my second QP I no longer work for the used car dealership and I still managed to get the radio code no questions asked and no money out of pocket. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
4,353 Posts
Nice sentiment but the thread is 12 years old!

C

·
Registered
2008 Maserati quattroporte
6 Posts
Nice sentiment but the thread is 12 years old!

C
However the problem is still fresh for brand new quattroporte owners like myself as these dream vehicles become cheaper to own. Hopefully it helps someone using the search feature. Just trying to be helpful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts