Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the black on anyone else's radio and center console buttons started to wear off, showing the clear/white underneath? Looking for experience on how I can refinish these, rather than have to replace the complete modules for the NAV screen and the tunnel. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Has the black on anyone else's radio and center console buttons started to wear off, showing the clear/white underneath? Looking for experience on how I can refinish these, rather than have to replace the complete modules for the NAV screen and the tunnel. Thanks in advance.
Try to contact Eurospares to see if they have a salvaged centre console; alternatively, there is a guy in Cali who specializes in salvaging exotics, maybe he has something on offer. His website is

http://www.specializeditalianrecycling.com

If fact he has what you need (a bit pricey...) but listed as "navigational system" when in fact is the display unit only

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mase...ryZ42612QQihZ001QQitemZ110067482457QQtcZphoto

HTH

·
Registered
431 Posts
dicolouration of radio buttons

Cant you just pull them off and spray paint using vinal/rubber paint and pop them back on? good luck!

If they dont come off try masking them off and paint with care.
:)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Cant you just pull them off and spray paint using vinal/rubber paint and pop them back on? good luck!

If they dont come off try masking them off and paint with care.
:)
That's a thought... :cool:

However you need the proper DIN plug to remove the display unit with extra care; it's very easy to dent/scratch. Then it's the issue of removing the fascia.

Reckon you haveto be good at spraying to let them look as-new, but maybe its worth a try.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've tried some different spray paints and tried to apply in small areas with a q-tip, but can't match the color or texture. I don't think its a DIY, but was wondering/hoping someone may have done this already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts