Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ghibli S Q4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and installed the RaceChip GTS Black on my 2015 Ghibli S Q4. I also purchased the App.

So far, I have seen good results in setting #5 (or sport mode). I was able to achieve 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. I tried setting #7 (or Race mode), and it caused a misfire and put my car into limp mode. Enough to get it home. In this state I was not able to connect to my ODBII dongle in an attempt to reset the codes. I turned the engine off, removed the ODBII dongle and plugged it back in. Turned my ignition on without starting and was able to clear the codes. It's back to normal now with no apparent damage. I have not yet run a 0-60 in "Race" mode, but expect to see 0-60 in 4 seconds or better.

My most immediate problem now is that I'm not able to pair the phone app with the RaceChip. It wants a code that is supposedly on the "RaceChip Black" I have no idea what code to use, I've checked all my docs and can find nothing to indicate what I should use.

I'm suspecting that RaceChip forgot to grant me the access from the RaceChip in order to pair it to the App. Not a big deal, however, I've sent several emails to [email protected] with no response whatsoever. They were so eager to take my $700, but don't seem to be so eager to back up their product by actually supporting it.

Has anyone else had this issue? 1.) Unable to pair the app to the RaceChip, and 2.) Zero response from RaceChip support.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You are playing with fire. I'll bet that was a lean burn code!!!

·
Registered
2015 Ghibli S Q4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a misfire code for cylinder #4.
playing with fire sounds good. I’d like to see fire shooting out of the exhaust.

What’s the worst that can happen? Something breaks? If that happens I’ll fix it.

better than sitting around looking at it.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts