Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed race deck flooring? Was the installation easy? How thick are the tiles?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've used it a few years ago - came as part of the display for a MazdaSpeed vehicle launch. Our pad was about 20' by 20'. It's really easy to put together - pretty much just clicks - I think it took two of us an hour to get all the tiles together with the ramp trim. The tiles are about 3/8 - 1/2 in. thick, and pretty durable.

Keep in mind there are joints between the tiles, so if a liquid drops on them, it will go below them. You could use a plastic liner of some sort, but I think you start running into more trouble than its worth in a hurry.

The surface isn't strong enough to work on either. I wouldn't jack a car up on them, and as above, if you were to spill oil, or some other fluid while working you'd have a huge mess.

If you're doing a show-space only, you're probably OK. If the space is show + work I personally would choose a good heavy duty epoxy first. There are a bunch of solutions online if you dig around.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Race deck

My wife installed it for me a few years ago. It took her about two days ( for a two car garage). We bought a small table saw. The best way to go is install before you have any thing else in the Garage. That is what took the most time,cutting around the Poll and cabinets. I would also go with a color other than yellow. It gets dirty when you drive over it. I do jack a car up on them and they hold the weight of the car fine.
I think they will also install now as well.
Ron

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts