Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tridente lovers. First time in your forum. I´d like to share a problem I am facing is case any of you could give me some advice:
After 12 years abandoned I am setting to point my 91 Sypder Biturbo (2.8 18 valves catalysed). It has covered some 68.000 kms from new and for the moment we have installed new distributor cap with its rotor arm and new fuel pressure regulador + oil change and new oil filter.
The car now starts fine and drives BUT is not able to go over 2.200/2.400 rpm when driving and no more than 4.000/4.500 rpm when stopped (in neutral of course). You have the feeling that there is no power left or in other words, as if the car had a speed or /rpm limitator.
The turbo indicador never reaches the yellow zone.

Any idea about what to look at next? Just to point out that the fuel pressure regulator has poured some fuel when broken, something to clean/ take a look at even is has nothing to do with the running problem?

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi, I would be checking the fuel system. It's possible there could be blocked filters or pick-up's in the tank from sitting for so long. Also the fuel pump itself could be blocked up as fuel likes to crystalize over time. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the useful information. The seller told me that he cleaned the tank (1 year ago) and also changed de fuel pump, however I believe it has sense so have a look again as well as to change all the filters (I have indeed ordered the 2 fuel filters pre/post pump
from maseratinet in the USA, a company which seems to have a reasonable stock for Biturbos)
Thank you again 87 starion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts