Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these on a trade but already have Tubi mufflers on my 4200. They are just sitting in my basement and figure someone else might actually use them.

They have no markings on them but look like the quicksilver cans on the quicksilver site. I don’t have a sound clip but the guy that sent me them did share one with me and they sounded throaty and awesome!

$850. Includes free shipping within the lower 48 states. $800 if you pick them up in Gaithersburg MD

*and sorry they are a little dirty in the pics! But I bet they will polish up nicely!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ll probably put them on eBay next week if there are no takers here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is what we did with my Maserati.......we installed an "X" pipe and removed the rear resonators entirely. Added twin 3 1/2" pipes ( tips) on each side .....sounded way too loud. Went with inserts in the tips ( Jegs ) ; great sound with the edgy sound of a flat plane engine but still throaty like a Vette.

Gets pricy to do but worth the distinctive sound and great looks of the pipes. I can try to post up a sound track here or on You Tube. The labor was approx. $450 ; the x pipe was $136 ; tips were $89 ; inserts $28

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea if they are Sport or Super Sport?
I believe Sport. . I believe the Super Sport ones are just straight pipes with tips (no actual mufflers)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm may be interested. Checking w my mechanic . I'm in Severna Park so I can pick up. Any idea if install would require additional pipes or if they fit right in?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They should go right on. I swapped mine myself in the driveway. You take the wheel well liner out and the rear wheels off to get access. I can’t imagine a shop charging more that 2 hours labor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts