Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for my annual oil change and the 18,000 mile service.

I got the oil and the filter covered. From the dealer and Amsoil.

I got the BMC air filter from Formula Dynamics.

I also bought the Densio Spark Plugs, Break pads and Amsoil Transmission fluid.

My service guy will be doing all the work, I just want to know if there are any tips or tricks associated with each process.

1. When should the spark plugs be changed? My car is an 04 with 17,000 miles, it currently runs very well and very smooth? Will changing the plugs hurt anything?

2. At what time / mileage are most owners replacing their transmission fluid, and brake pads? Is 17,000 miles and 3 years too early?

3. Is there a certain optimal order for these services ie. oil, air filter, trans fluid, plugs and brake pads?

Thanks for help.

CM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Answers.

1. When should the spark plugs be changed? My car is an 04 with 17,000 miles, it currently runs very well and very smooth? Will changing the plugs hurt anything?

Every 8 to 10k miles, changing them will only help... Especially if you bought the Denso's...

2. At what time / mileage are most owners replacing their transmission fluid, and brake pads? Is 17,000 miles and 3 years too early?

Every 12k or so you should flush the tranny, I do it every year with the engine LOF but I only drive my car once in a while, not daily. Check the brake pads to see if they need to be changed, if not, hang on to the pads for later.

3. Is there a certain optimal order for these services ie. oil, air filter, trans fluid, plugs and brake pads?

No order, do it in the order your mechanic wants to....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts