Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Refinish Pro's:
cheaper ($600-700 versus approx $2500+)
maintain factory look, but lose existing curb rash and get a nicer finish (smoke brilliant looks like it may look nice with my Grigio Alfieri Coupe. http://www.wheelcollision.com/powder.html)
not a large selection of aftermarket wheels with proper offset

Replace Pro's
Might ultimately like the fewer spoke wheels better
Lighter wheel for better performance (can anyone quantify this at all, what does a few pounds less per wheel really mean in street use?)
If I ever track the car, I could use one set for track and one for street

Please anyone add to the list as you see fit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Replace the wheels. However, I am biased as I really dislike to original many spoked wheels.

Get a pair of Grigio Mercury Gran Sport Wheels :)

Best,
dsd

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace the wheels. However, I am biased as I really dislike to original many spoked wheels.

Get a pair of Grigio Mercury Gran Sport Wheels :)

Best,
dsd
I agree those are probably one of favorite wheels, but not sure I like that dark of a wheel on my dark-colored car, I think they look much better with a lighter color car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
tough call i like factory wheels but have seen many after market that look great. i do like the dark on dark look also.
in the end all always go for performance over looks vs. cost.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the choices in this aftermarket wheel thread, I really don't see anything that I really love... Some look nice, yes, but none that shout at me to spend the extra 4k (versus refinishing). I am pretty certain I will give refinishing a go now. My favorite wheel to this point is definitely the GS wheel, if anyone has a set for sale (nicked up or otherwise) give me a shout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts