Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 series (short wheelbase sport package) which I really enjoy, but I have had for a while and I will be looking to get out of it by year's end. I love the Quattroporte. Although I have not driven one yet, its quirkiness appeals to me and it appears to be a true driver's car. I am wondering about the costs of ownership.

1) Is is true that Maserati includes maintainence? If so, for how long and is it comprehensive?

2) Is the car generally reliable? Well made?

3) Is insurance on this vehicle relatively high?

4) Has anyone leased this car. The residuals I have heard are very low which would seem to make a lease less attractive? I do not know if this car will be affordable for me. I would only want to finance a pre-owned vehicle, if available, with a few thousand miles on the odometer to take advantage of some depreciation.

I would appreciate any feedback from owners.

Thank you in advance.

DRP

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had my QP a few months and 5,000 miles. In UK it has a 3 yr warranty and service package which is transferable between owners. Not sure why you think residuals will be so bad as the car is quite new and residuals therefore unproven, although big saloons do depreciate the fastest its true. Car is great to drive in manual, auto is crap, and in my view go for the 18" wheels for comfort unless you're a real speed freak. Performance is superb and the sound is subtle but glorious. Don't expect 7 series type ride comfort, this is a five seater sports car not an upgraded saloon. Standing start in first is jerky and dissapointing, but once moving the robotised gearbox works well. Forget the comfort seats, a complete waste of time.

For a car a year old and 10,000 miles I'd expect 25% off list as a guide. Car is thirsty of course, I get 20 mpg at 80 mph on the motorway down to not much over 10 in town. Can't comment on insurance as its on a group policy but will of course be very expensive, you are buying a supercar after all. A hand built car will always have a few more annoying problems than a mass produced car, but mine seems well built.

If you value the exclusivity and rarity of a QP and want a real drivers car then it is a great choice. If you want reliability and known costs then perhaps a BMW is more appropriate.

·
Registered
196 Posts
thebimbo said:
... and boy will you kick yourself everytime you see a Maserati overtaking you ;-)
And when you see one pulling up at a parking lot.....

and when you see one pulling up at a restaurant........

And when you see one cruising down a boulevard......

And when you see one..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Dolle Dolf
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing