Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking my dealer to look into it so if none of you guys know, its not big deal, but I just got back my order confirmation sheet on my GranTurismo S and it mentions tire choice "Pirelli-Comfort and Functionality" is there another Pirelli tire option that is more sport oriented??

Also I ordered a black alcantara headliner which does show, but there is also an item on the sheet that says "RUF4-headlining-extra campionario" can anyone explain what that means?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Jim at LFSC was saying it is best to get the non run-flat Pirellis on the GT-S. Since run flats are normally not comfortable, more expensive and with less grip, maybe that is what they are talking about?

·
Registered
107 Posts
also ask him if they fixed the problem: the 20 inch optionals on the base granturismo came with a pirelli tire and they were having problems as they were bubble-ing.

did you get a better time frame? my dealer said things changed a little, and they are making them in batches, and they told the dealerships they are not necessarily going to be delivered in the exact order that customers put in their orders.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also ask him if they fixed the problem: the 20 inch optionals on the base granturismo came with a pirelli tire and they were having problems as they were bubble-ing.

did you get a better time frame? my dealer said things changed a little, and they are making them in batches, and they told the dealerships they are not necessarily going to be delivered in the exact order that customers put in their orders.
I'll ask him about the bubbling, thats news to me. As far as a delivery date, I'm not getting mine intil spring 09 (tentative march/april) time frame and that was at my request given it I live in a bad winter area, I rather take it when the weather is nice. I'll ask him about the order of delivered cars too, thats a new one to me too. I plan to go to the dealership tomorrow. Not sure if I'll get the answers then, but I'll ask anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm asking my dealer to look into it so if none of you guys know, its not big deal, but I just got back my order confirmation sheet on my GranTurismo S and it mentions tire choice "Pirelli-Comfort and Functionality" is there another Pirelli tire option that is more sport oriented??

Also I ordered a black alcantara headliner which does show, but there is also an item on the sheet that says "RUF4-headlining-extra campionario" can anyone explain what that means?
I'm not too sure abt the Pirellis but 'extra campionario' just means that its an option and not standard; which is right since you spec'ced the Alcantara (nice touch, btw) :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

In talking with my dealer, he claims to not have heard the bubbles plus he claims he hasn't heard of orders being changed around, just that the first shipment to all dealers are not customer cars, but saleable demos. Every one I talk too says different things so you never know whose right.

Also, he said run flats will not be put on the "S" model, nor is it an option. I still want to confirm that through other sources.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts