Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are considering a QP. Back several months ago, we had a deposit on an ordered GT but bought a CLK63 Black Series instead. That car turns out to be such a beast we are actually considering the purchase of a used QP as a more "practical" (if that word even applies here....) than the BS.

Anyway, my questions are about buying an 06 model vs. an 07? I know the auto tranny is only available in 07. What are the ups and downs of either?

Are there any significant differences between the 06s and 07s other then the trans? Is the GPS a CD or DVD based system? Are there any recurring issues with the 06s vs. 07s?

I'm looking for something really unique and have my eye on a couple that fit the bill. Any info you folks might be able to offer up would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Chuck

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
If you're planning to use it as a daily driver go for the auto trans, it's gonna save you lots of money and headache.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The duo select is a clutchless manual and can be jerky in traffic, particularly in "auto" mode. The ZF auto transmission is a perfect complement to the smooth running QP IMO.

Although, I have the impression reliability on the DuoSelect is a lot higher than early CambioCorsa gearboxes, the transmission pump can fail and the clutch wear in these cars is usually pretty high.

Go for the auto, I would ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've no complaint with my ZF, and love to use the sport mode all the time for sporty performance. Have to compromise that ZF is an automatic trans and the response time in manual mode will not react as fast as the dualselect, but it's already up to my expectation. Don't know your traffic condition, I'm quite happy to have the ZF here due to heavy traffic all the time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have a 06 QP, with F1 trans, the jerky feel doesnt really bother me, the problem is if you go out often and need to valet the car, or need it washed

they never seem to know how to use the trans with out you having to explain, and that doesnt even guaranty that they will use it properly

other than that the 06 has been great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Kinda what I thought about the duo select. Some people love it and others say its jerky in traffic. Really would like something a little smoother shifting and with less exposure to expensive clutch replacements. We have decided to look for a 2007 with an automatic transmission. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Nav is still pretty poor. We upgrade them all the time with a better speakers, amps, Video ipod, SAT Radio, HD Radio, GPS, Bluetooth, ect....
This all works touch screen and retains the factory look 100%.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Nice! Congrats!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts