Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my family has gotten bigger, I am trading in my 2000 911 C4 Millenium Edition for a Coupe. I have driven a couple of them and it is an aboslutely fantastic vehicle. Here is my question. There is an exotic car dealer about an hour away from me that has a less than 1,000 mile CC Coupe 2004 that is now out of warranty. It was a collector car and they have all the records, they also used to be a Maserati dealer (before 2002) and now do Maserati / Ferrari service. The car is basically new, without a warranty. It is in the $60k range and has a mid level range of options. Can anyone provide advice on:

1. Is there a warranty program available (either OEM or aftermarket) for me to buy for the car?
2. Is this a good deal / good idea?
3. Were there any problems with the 2004's versus the 05 or 06 vehicles?

I really appreciate the help here. Also, does anyone have recommendations on buying at the Maserati dealer versus an independent?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Why is it out of warranty?

I bought an 04 coupe with 1,500 miles in July of 05 from a non F/M dealership. This sounds crazy because my wife and I flew to Chicago to D&M Motorsports and I bought the car before I drove it.

I got a great deal and an amazing car. The people at the dealership picked us up at the airport and took really good care of us....

It was between my current car and one at F/M of Texas... When I spoke with the dealer in Texas and asked if he could pick us up from the airport (about 30 minutes away), he chuckled... and asked if I was serious.. And that I am only buying a used Maserati ..... blah blah blah and went on to state how most of his customers fly in on their planes... Needless to say, he lost a sale... And left a bad taste in my mouth.

I now have 14K miles and the car is my daily driver except for rain or snow. It has never been tracked or beat on and has been rock solid. I paid for the 6000K service at my local dealer F/M of NJ. They are great.. I have been back to the dealer for minor warranty issues.

I have a local guy that does my fluids. I pay about 250, the dealership wanted 1,200 for the oil and fluid changes plus filters...

My warranty is good through May of 08? Are you outside of the US? I do not think there are any extended warranties at this time for our cars.

There were no major issues unique to 04s that I am aware of... The only difference from 04 and 05 and 06 are the front and rear scoops.

Given the current market of these coupes, I would say the 60s are kinda high for an 04 especially out of warranty. You may be able to get an 05 with a few more miles and a warranty for that price. I am not sure. However, if you love the color and combo, tell the dealership you will buy it after you pay to have an inspection from a F/M dealership. If the F/M dealership gives it a clean bill of health.. ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm not sure which aftermarket warranties are available, I think a couple of people here have non Maserati warranties and perhaps they can comment.

The Maserati CPO requires that the car have all of its regular services done at a Maserati dealer, and must also be sold through a current dealer.

The Coupes are pretty solid, and no huge changes year to year, post 2003, other than bumpers and options. (Most software updates are done automatically by dealers at service intervals)

60k on an expired warranty 04 is a bit high. Not huge, and if its the options you want, don't miss it, but probably 5-8k high or so, depending on the options and color.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
personally i don't find this deal to be attractive. if it were a collector's car that has only 1000 miles for the 4 years, did they show receipts of oil/fluid change regularly during that time? the tires would have flats spot by now.

you are better off finding a well used GS that has issues sorted out and some warranty remaining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. In investigating further, the car was purchased thru Maserati and imported into Mexico. It was then traded into the US so there is no warranty from Maserati. Given the feedback here, and the fact that the options on the car are not exactly what I am looking for, I am going to pass.

Does anyone have any recommendations and or guidance on what a less than 10k mile coupe, with mid range options, from 05 should run me? It is pretty hard to get price guidance and the dealers in Chicago seem to have things way way overpriced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ebay

Thanks for the feedback. In investigating further, the car was purchased thru Maserati and imported into Mexico. It was then traded into the US so there is no warranty from Maserati. Given the feedback here, and the fact that the options on the car are not exactly what I am looking for, I am going to pass.

Does anyone have any recommendations and or guidance on what a less than 10k mile coupe, with mid range options, from 05 should run me? It is pretty hard to get price guidance and the dealers in Chicago seem to have things way way overpriced.

Thanks!
SOME GOOD DEALS MAY BE HAD ON EBAY...:D CHECK THEM OUT

·
Registered
695 Posts
The internet is your friend

Does anyone have any recommendations and or guidance on what a less than 10k mile coupe, with mid range options, from 05 should run me?
Thanks!

A website I use to get a feel for market price on various exotics is :http://www.cars.com

Put in the parameters in the buy used pulldowns such as make, model, year, miles from your location, etc. and one can get a fairly good idea of the market. There is usually a decent representation between dealers and private parties.

For example
7 2005 Coupes found ranging from $62K to $85K average around $70K
21 2004 Coupes from $46K to $70K. Ave around $60K

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'm not sure which aftermarket warranties are available, I think a couple of people here have non Maserati warranties and perhaps they can comment.

The Maserati CPO requires that the car have all of its regular services done at a Maserati dealer, and must also be sold through a current dealer.

The Coupes are pretty solid, and no huge changes year to year, post 2003, other than bumpers and options. (Most software updates are done automatically by dealers at service intervals)

60k on an expired warranty 04 is a bit high. Not huge, and if its the options you want, don't miss it, but probably 5-8k high or so, depending on the options and color.

- Mark
So Mark, I'm unclear on the warranty thing. Are you saying that if a car isn't purchased through a dealer, the warranty expires? Or are you saying to get a CPO with extended warranty it must meet those requirements? It sure seems that an 04 with less than 1000 miles should be covered until 08.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts