Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you in advance for any insight anyone can provide. First off, I just purchased a 2006 GS MC Victory Edition. This is my first Maserati and I am really looking forward to the experience. I am a Ferrari guy and have owned several of the Maranello machines over the years, including a Challenge Stradale which I recently sold.

My question pertains to the GS exhaust and the bypass feature which I have read about. Is this system similar or possibly identical to the exhaust on the Stradale?? The Stradale exhaust actually bypasses the muffler entirely at full throttle and high revs. I had test pipes as well. You might imagine how glorious the sound was with that set up.

I anticipate buying the cat bypass and crossover pipes from Fabspeed, but wondered how the stock exhaust is set up. Thanks again for any help!!

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
congrats! it will be a very nice GRANsport to have.
it is less raw than your CS, but more a daily driver than the CS.
Thanks very much. I decided to sell the CS and a F512M I have to save up for a 599. I am excited to have the GS as my daily driver!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The GS exhaust does not bypass fully, it offers another route through a tubi designed muffler which reduces the volume. If you want an amazing exhaust note, you need to go aftermarket. With that said, it's a much better system than the non-GS cars.
Any recommendations?? I have looked at your site and will likley give you a call to discuss your ECU. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.