Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST GOT THIS crazy nice looking car, 05 with 40k miles, the car is in mint condition. I plan to drive around 12k miles per year, here in LA. Except gas and tires, what should I have to plan to spend per year? The car did not come with books so I am a little lost. I'm also sure that the ferarri dealer will gladly charge if I ask him this question like this :)

Thanks and I'm glad I found this place

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What car did you get? Difficult to answer without basic information. Do you know how much life the clutch has left?

·
Registered
175 Posts
First, congratulations. I'm assuming it's a QP since you posted in the QP forum, and you'll LOVE that car.

Your question is rather general, but there is a general rule about maintenance on any exotic car. The cheapest way to maintain one of these cars is to drive them often, warm them up properly before driving them hard, and be proactive on the preventative maintenance. It's much cheaper to replace things when they are wearing out instead of when they break. :)

Enjoy your new acquisition!

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
be proactive on the preventative maintenance. It's much cheaper to replace things when they are wearing out instead of when they break.
Many good points above, but I wanted to quote this one in particular. It isn't mentioned often but holds true.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Many good points above, but I wanted to quote this one in particular. It isn't mentioned often but holds true.
Thanks. It's mostly true because when one thing breaks, it tends to take other things with it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the good advice ; The thing is I was wondering if its ok for this car to be driven every day. The clutch has been replaced 8000 miles ago and so have the brakes. Since I don't have the maintenence books on it , except the anual service , is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks again

·
Registered
175 Posts
bestcarpurchase said:
The thing is I was wondering if its ok for this car to be driven every day.
Absolutely. And like any Italian car, it will run WAY better when driven often. Daily use for a Quattroporte is recommended.

bestcarpurchase said:
The clutch has been replaced 8000 miles ago and so have the brakes. Since I don't have the maintenence books on it , except the anual service , is there anything else that needs to be done?
Doesn't sound like it! Although I have almost 24K miles on my original clutch and brakes. To conserve the clutch, the key is to stay out of Auto mode as much as possible, and not to take off too slowly in 1st gear. Also, it's my opinion that the Formula Dynamics DBW upgrade pays for itself in clutch conservation. It's my #1 recommended upgrade on this car.

That color combo is stunning. Congratulations again on an excellent purchase. Now drive it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
congrats on the new car! I too bought my 05 QP with 38k in April. I agree with what they're saying about driving the car often. I use to just take the car out to buy milk or do lil errands, but since I've been driving it more, it runs smoother. I thought I just perfected the driving technique... hahaha. Do you also like the attention you get while driving it???

·
Registered
16 Posts
BTW, your backseat looks like my backseat... car seat filled. My friends cringe when they see the kids in the back. I have white interior...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, your backseat looks like my backseat... car seat filled. My friends cringe when they see the kids in the back. I have white interior...
The seats are light color and I have a 5 month old daughter, but the leather seems to be of better quality then most cars and easy to clean. And as far as attention , I don't think I ever got so manny compliments in any other car; It just does not compare to any BMW , Mercedes , Porsche...

So Im glad to hear that It likes to be driven on a daily basis :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful car. You didn't happen to be driving on Townsgate Rd in Westlake Village the other day were you? I saw a QP in your color and it certainly turned my head.
Ed

·
Registered
276 Posts
Since I don't have the maintenence books on it , except the anual service , is there anything else that needs to be done?

Great looking car. The only other thing I can think of is to change all of the fluids so everything is fresh and you have a good baseline. There are many DIY posts on here for the fluids you can do in the garage. Some things like the F1 fluid requires a mechanic with a special computer to do the bleed and settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
formula dunamics dbw

Congrats! There is something else besides maintenance you need to do..... Formula Dynamics DBW ! :)

Welcome aboard!
does this product affect anything in a negative way? i did a google search and I am not clear as far as what it does. I shift in Sport mode only and that seems to be a fast gear change ...so maybe someone that has this installed on their car can answer

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Do a search on here, there are 100s of posts. None negative as far as a recall

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
BCP (thats your new handle on here bestcarpurchase since that is alot to type) :) .... you just can NOT go wrong with the DBW. It improves throttle response thruout the rpm range.

Steve J.... must have missed that post of yours. great stuff! I agree, I still see a very noticeable difference when i hit the SPORT button in throttle response, sound, and aggressive handling.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts