Maserati Forum banner

Do you guys drive with the Sport Mode always on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yes!

Do you guys drive with the Sport Mode always on?
Virtually always. Prefer the quicker shift response of vehicle, and based on many posts on this topic, saves clutch wear by decreasing slip. Occasionally, when long distance highway driving I will turn it off because I don't have to shift, and it softens the ride on the long drive.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If I had a QP, I would too. But in a GS spyder, Sport mode adds a lot of shake, and the additional noise seems to encourage lowlifes to show me the awesome power of their new SUV's ear-level muffler in commute traffic.

Wish I had one button each for Shift speed, Suspension, Noise selection.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
in the anniversary spyder (GS spyder), i have sport on all the time, except when i get in my garage, it will set off the alarm of the QP.
i have sport off when the road is really really rough, or when i am in a shopping mall, or when i see cops (don't want unwanted attention).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
In 6 months with my GS I never even tried the Auto mode. Used the Normal mode twice.

·
Registered
660 Posts
As most of the ppl around here, I only use normal when rough road conditions and/or long ride asks for a less stiffer ride. Besides that, sport all the way. Have never tried auto on the GS (although I did once or twice on my previous coupe).

·
Registered
491 Posts
just as troesma said, use soft setting only when rough roads, and like M said, when less "attention" is preferred...
I don't like the floaty feeting of the normal mode at all, feels like driving a boat on the road.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've only owned my GS coupe for about a month, but always drive with sport switched on. Turned it off once to compare, but that's it. The noise with sport mode on is just too lovely to mute! Come to think of it, maybe I should turn on auto mode once (ala fade2grey) just to make sure it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Driving my GS since July,05:
sport mode on 75%
normal during stop and go traffic or in a traffic jam(I find it a lot smoother in stop and go traffic than the sport mode), I don't even know my automatic mode is working, cause never even use it once!

05 GShttp://www.maseratilife.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile

1 - 16 of 16 Posts