Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The more the merrier is what I say.

I think it's time more people concentrated in this part of the market.

Performance 4 doors have almost always been exclusively BMW with Mercedes having extremely powerful cars as well. I'll soon be in the market for a performance 4 door but have yet to find a car that really does it for me.

Don't like to make up my mind on a car before driving or experiencing it first hand but my initial impressions on the new QP is lukewarm. I find the styling a bit strange with the portholes on the front fenders. Also, the headlights don't really do it for me. I prefer the ones on the 3200. You don't have pictures of the interior, but I find it to be a bit dated already. The dash layout seems almost VW/Audi-ish. The fit and finish and the seats are awesome though.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stickanddice said:
I find the styling a bit strange with the portholes on the front fenders. Cheers
Interesting, I found this to be a very nice feature. They wouldn't open the doors for interior shots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Andrew said:
Interesting, I found this to be a very nice feature. They wouldn't open the doors for interior shots.
Yep i was kinda mad for that, they especially bring the car to present it, and then they refuse to open her up so that i can take interior shots, even flashing with my press card didn't work this time

apparently there was some guy from the factory to unveil it, but i was too late for that, i stayed a bit too long on the track

But i do love the car, and i like the looks
however i'm not too fond of the rear lights, and i was suprised to see that this car had an F1 gearbox

·
Registered
21 Posts
I very much like this car. I think it's the best full size luxury car out there, obviously not including Rolls, Bentley, and Maybach, which are likely not in the same class. But the Quattroporte will probably cost considerably less than those.

BTW, anybody know approximate cost for this and when it is expected to be at dealers here in the USA?

·
Registered
291 Posts
My dealer here in Switzerland is still waiting for the official prices, but some insights say it will be around the Coupe's price. IMO if it is true, it is a very correct price. The car is beautiful, with a Ferrari engine, with sport-car mechanic and plenty of gadget. I prefer the inside against any other luxury car (german car are so sad and boring). The perf are very close the the Coupe!

I think concurrent cars are BMW 7 series, MB E/S Class and Jaguar XJ...

BUT, the question : who has already tested this car ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Saw the two quattroportes in NYC recently. They look even better in person, especially the front end. Beautiful, elegant lines and proportions. The "portholes" do not distract from the look at all. The 7 series looks too heavy and bulky by comparison (and that's excluding any comment about the trunk lid) while the S class is looking a bit generic now the E and C classes are everywhere. The interior is more luxurious and feels special. The rear seats has extensive adjustments and are very comfortable. Depending on how it drives, it should be a fine alternative to the usual luxury sedan choices.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because of your comments I take it you got to sit in it. Sounds great. Welcome to the forum, hope to see more post from you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
man the Quattroporte is just stunning
i finally sat in the car today
and it's going for € 123.000

the enterior is just gorgeous, and the car also has F1 gearbox

oh on another note
the entire production for 2004 is already sold out, so you have to wait at least till 2005 to be able to get one, of you order now

·
Registered
21 Posts
DJ Dirk said:
well this car outdoes the S class or 7 series
it's a lot more beatifull and more luxurious inside
and like i said before, the 2004 production is already sold out
Yeah I know, that's why I was surprised they were going to price it below the Coupe and near the S and 7. It was too good to be true.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1000 QPs for 2004

my dealer told me, only 1000 QPs for 2004.
and pre-sold, actually some customers are line up for 2005 list.
it will be very rare for first year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts