Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got our first two QP Sport GTs last week, and I have to say I am definately impressed. While the looks are certainly worth noting, and the transmission shift speeds are more to my taste, I think the most impressive aspect is the handling.
I went easy since we had just gotten it, but its got some miles on it now, so I will definately re-explore its character, and post a more thorough review, but my initial impressions are quite good.

- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
looking forward to that review! Especially if the 20' wheels are not too much for the ride and the exhaust note? Do you hear a lot of difference with the standard QP? Do you have it clear how it works? I heard it bypasses the mid-resonator or is it mid-muffler in Sport mode..... So the center-resonator should be bigger (normal one and valve and bypass).

I installed a Tubi but find it a bit too loud under partial load between 2-3.000rpm....a lot of resonance in that range also. So I was thinking to put stock mufflers back on and bypass the center one.....I'd really appreciate a line on the exhaust in your review to access if they improved it as much as handling and shifts....Thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted pictures of the GranSport exhaust baffle system, and the difference in the SportGT exhaust system on the other thread,

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1229

But I believe its just an H pipe removed from the center, and larger\smoother pipes used in that section. I'm not sure that its any different otherwise, however, I will know after I spend some more time in the car this afternoon.

- Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts