Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealership just to chat about the new cars, and found they have a brand new Quattroporte Sport GT-S. the sales manager invited me to take it out myself. ;)

This QP Sport GT-S has a metallic black exterior with a black leather / grey alcantara two tone inserts. somehow they also spec'd the steering wheel in grey alcantara. very different feel... not exactly my choice. i would go full leather two tone instead of alcantara fixed. but very nice carbon, and nice contrast white stitching. very sporty feel.

The engine mated to the AT seemed to be a lot smoooother and willing to go compare to the last QP Automatica i test drove. So i would correct myself if i said the AT is not as good. Not sure whether it is a 2008 thing or Sport GT-S thing or just that first Automatica, but this Sport GT-S is quite sporty.

The transmission is not as 'rough' as the DS, so that would be a good thing for many. but the suspension is now a little stiffer than the QP on sport. You have no choice but the 20" wheels - why? because the HUGE ASS 6 piston calipers on the huge ass brakes. OMG. it's a car with 45km on it so i didn't want to run it in for them.

I still feel the Tubi sounds better, but honestly on many occassion, it is too loud if you have friends in a relaxed drive.

I didnt get a chance to go into long drives with curves, but the suspension is very very good, and you can tell it is a lot more sports oriented. The steering is a little sharper and overall the QP feels smaller now.

as well, for some reason, the traction is better going out of a corner (from a start) compare to my 05. may be it is the wheels, tires, suspension, transmission, or traction control..

i was complaining about the product planning - why the 434hp 4.7L V8 didn't get into this QP, and as well the MC-Shift. but that is not much of a concern if you want a very good QP now.

All in all, THIS IS THE QP to get!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the review!!! On the Granturismo S there is skyhook as an option. I think the QP GTS doesn't have that. After driving that car would you go for the skyhook option?

By the way I agree on product planning, not very organized. The most sportive QP only in automatic....However the 4,7 will be in the QP before yearend....

·
Registered
478 Posts
I drove the GTS about a month ago and was very impressed by the performance. Am thinking about it as a replacement for my wife's Audi, which is on lease. Very strong performance in every respect (the car I drove was a little bit broken in), great detailing inside with alot of carbon fiber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts