Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I wish they would have kicked the young lady out of the "Boyle Spl" so I could see more of the Indy winner. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Honestly, I don't think the referesh is very significant. I realize I have a bias, but I think the 2007 grills (Sport GT and Exec GT) of any of the QP's to date. I think the new front a rear lights are an improvement, but just a slight one. They don't outdate the previous cars in any way. The interior is almost unchanged too.

I haven't bought into the new vertical grill design or the side view mirror design change. It's all good, but not a huge deal.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That is a nice review. Almost makes me re-consider my opinion on four door sedans. Almost. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
It's a bit German isn't it? In appearances at least? When I saw it I thought "750Li with a trident." I'm sure it drives great though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Agree with BF - if "German" is assumed to be MB, BMW, Audi, then there is absolutely nothing "German" about the exterior design language of the QP. The design has strong ties to historical Maseratis and maybe an Alfa or two.

Kudos to Maserati for creating a truly differentiated visual experience from the "German" hoards and their copy-cats.

·
Registered
633 Posts
It's a sedan but German ...
Ok let me explain.. i know that was a big statement.

(1) Behold the new, front lower air intake. Very bland and german. Looks like a 2005 Benz non-AMG front air intake. Lame IMO.

(2) The side fenders have been straightened out... "lowered" maserati says, supposedly for aerodynamics... ya right... more like for reeling in more customers from BMW and AMG. Totally lame, my 06's fenders are curvacious. like that girl with a body like a maserati... http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6573

(3) The new grill is not just different in terms of lacking chrome or mesh (BTW that plastic stuff is more deserved of a Nissan front end) but the overall shape is less dramatic: more horizontal now, it has lost it's monsterous size and aggressiveness. Edit here: And tell me the new grill isn't just a new BMW grill set with the middle part punched out?

(4) Those new wheels are boring and are a ripoff from Alpina.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
We could argue this endlessly :D

Let's ;)

1. Engine is now the 4.7l, I suspect they need the additional air intake. And it's not as if there is somewhere else where to put it.

2. They look nice to me.

3. The new grill is similar to the GranTurismo and recalls the historic Maserati race cars. I frankly don't see the link, though there is so much you can do with pencil and paper (or CAD) with regards to designing some parts of a car.

4. Seem very similar to the Coupe/Spyder wheels to me.

Anyway, I may actually not be doing a very good job here because I frankly, don't ever spend time looking at German cars :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
I frankly, don't ever spend time looking at German cars :D
Oh if only I didn't have to! If only all these damn ignoramuses (sp?) in this town would wake up, see the light, and buy italian.

Whatever you're opinion of the new design, it's still beautiful and deadly fast.... I'm feeling all emo after writing about my car love in the Maserati* lounge... I need a moment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2009 QP Sport GTS

I've owned this car for a month and I haven't driven my 430 Spider since getting the QPGTS. It's my fouth QP and there is absolutely no comparison with any of the previous QP's I've owned. They just keep getting better but this one took a great leap forward. It just feels tighter, handles much better and is much faster. The exterior is beautiful and the new sound/nav/ipod system is great. Talking about sound this exhaust is the best sounding car on the road today. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!;)
NF

1 - 20 of 22 Posts