Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's new sport got delivered yesterday and she has done all of 80km since delivery.
attached are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
goober said:
it was how she ordered it..............women
so your woman ordered a Sport GT and deleted all visible cues of a Sport GT, including the aluminum pedals, and make it look like a regular QP?

·
Registered
10 Posts
goober said:
My wife's new sport got delivered yesterday and she has done all of 80km since delivery.
attached are some pics
Congratulations on your new QP it looks beautiful. I am confused though with the model you have. Is it a QP with the Sport option package that has been availble since the 2005 model year or is it the new 2006 Sport GT ? The reason I ask is that when I recently ordered my QP Sport GT, the dealer & Maserati Hdqtr's advised that while you could order the 19" wheels in place of the 20" wheels, you could not order the Wood wheel on the Sport model, nor could you order the conventional pedals in place of the aluminum pedals, or have a different grill. How were you able to order the car this way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on the new car. Looks great.

I am about to order a GP myself and would like to seek some advice re my exterior/interior/options choices.

My current selections are:
- exterior/Palladio; "sport package": 19" wheels, drilled brake discs, etc.
- interior/Beige leather, Cuoio piping and stiching, black dashboard, black carpet, walnut/briarwood w/inlay, Beige Alcantara headlining; black steering wheel

My questions are:
1. Dashboard: the dealer recommends the two-toned, black dashboard/beige leather combination. Principal reason given is a beige dashboard might cause glare in strong sun (I live in Asia). Is this really a valid concern?

2. Piping: anyone can comment on whether Cuoio piping works well on Beige? or if piping even looks good/appropriate on the QP (as opposed to classic British cars like Bentley or Jag?)?

3. Drilled Brake Discs: the dealer suggests they are more "noisy" when braking. Is it true? Does it matter?

4. Any general comment/experiece on how my selected combination works or doesn't? Any suggestions/pictures to help me decide would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Definitely go with the black dashboard and steering wheel. I have the Cuolo Sella leather with black piping and stitching, along with black carpets and beige ultrasuede headliner. I would recommend contrasting piping and stitching. It looks incredible.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
opec,
Thank you for the helpful reference and the picture.
May I ask what is the exterior color of your QP?
Tks,
dtc888

·
Registered
37 Posts
The exterior is Nero Carbonio.

As for the Gatorade, I waited until I got TO the gym to drink it. I know better than to drink and drive

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
mazza

surprised to see somebody from adelaide on maserati forum.just recently had QP 2006 delivered from prestige. how was your experience upon delivery of your QP. ps first time user.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts