Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question.

I'm looking at buying a 2nd model year Quattroporte. I have been an avid fan of Italian cars all my life, but have never owned one. I have driven in one Quattroporte, and It was a truly awesome experience. I have only one problem, though. There isn't a Maserati dealership anywhere near me. It's odd, because theres just about every upscale dealership there is within 15 miles of me, but nothing for maserati. As much as I love this car, I don't want to hassle with it being in the shop every week.

Does anyone know how reliable these things are? Any links, owner feedback, or raw data (especially) would be great!

Thanks guys!

~~~Zach~~~
Hey Zach,
I've had my QP for 67000 miles now over the last 2.6 years. I've posted quite often about reliability (which has been terrific). Please search my posts and hopefully you'll find some useful info. Half the year I live in Idaho and its 350 miles to the nearest dealers. In the winter in Palm Springs which until recently was 110 miles to the nearest tolerable dealer. All worked out fine.

Ken

· Registered
312 Posts
Thanks guys for the feedback so far...I'm already looking up good deals on them! :D

But (and I don't mean to offend you, I doubt you're fabricating anything) I like to have hard numbers and facts on any car I buy. Do you guys know of any sources that have data on them. Or any publications that have stated their reliability?

Thanks!
I don't. I suspect there aren't enough of these cars in service or long enough to support third party evaluation like from Consumer Reports, JD Power or Edmunds. There are also some reliability horror stories you'll find if you search the posts on this board; but most have had good reliability, but expensive service and a lot of tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.