Maserati Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Frankie,

After reading your post, i don't feel bad anymore. I seriously don't care about cosmetic issues on my QP05. As longs as the vehicle is mechanically intact, i will always enjoy the ride and the looks that comes with it. I have had headlight issues and my floor mat has shrunk and coming out of the panel but i really don't worry about it and will fix it eventually. In the end, the thrill out-weights them all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am considering a QP. What year should I consider if that is worth considering? Which transmission needs the clutch replacement sooner, the Duoselect or ZF. I understand the ZF is the better of the two, correct? I read Frankie's comment and agree with the basic tenet of his treatise. What should I consider as yearly maintenance for my future daily driver and approximate cost consideration? I know I'm not purchasing a Toyota or Honda and that the QP has its "idiosyncrasies", with that in mind I consider it all the same. Any feedback is appreciated.
Bill, Future QP owner

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am considering a QP. What year should I consider if that is worth considering? Which transmission needs the clutch replacement sooner, the Duoselect or ZF. I understand the ZF is the better of the two, correct? I read Frankie's comment and agree with the basic tenet of his treatise. What should I consider as yearly maintenance for my future daily driver and approximate cost consideration? I know I'm not purchasing a Toyota or Honda and that the QP has its "idiosyncrasies", with that in mind I consider it all the same. Any feedback is appreciated.
Bill, Future QP owner
As mentioned in my other post "My first MAJOR service issue" I've averaged about $10K in annual service for an 07 QP Automatica.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Under the spell

If I knew everything that I know now about Maserati, I wouldn't have jumped in. If I knew the real cost of ownership and risk of big ticket repairs, ...no way Jose.

Yet, now I do know, and I could just get out, sell her, and avoid the really big ones, knowing that if I get stuck with this car when something big happens, it could cost me 10k...and I'll never get any of that back when I sell it.

Still, I am willing to take that risk, unwilling to sell her, making stupid comments to myself to justify it, saying...it's only money, or...it won't happen to me...or just not taking the risks seriously...because, I am under the spell. When you start it and hear that exhaust note for the first time, it's got you. When you see how people almost wreck while checking your car out...if you allow yourself to get accustomed to the luxury interior, when you look at the art lines in the body and just can't stop looking at it...you're under the spell.

It really is a poor financial decision to own this car, but...then again, so is owning a boat, etc.
I love my QP, and I will keep her. Life's short, enjoy it. I'll just have to work a little harder to maintain it.

This car is a lifestyle, an expensive lifestyle. It isn't just a car. Therefore, it wouldn't be fair to compare it to any other car IMO.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts