Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking into purchasing a 2005-2007 Quattroporte, just wondering if there are any issues that I should look out for or know about before I buy one. I really don't want to end up buying a headache so I am trying to do as much research as possible. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
There is a used Maserati buyers thread here if you look for it.

The 2005-2007 QP are good cars. Most are still under warranty so major issues can be caught and repaired.

What will cost you money on these cars however are wear items. A set of brakes (pads and rotors) can easily set you back $5K at the dealership along with the same price for a new clutch and flywheel. A set of tires can cost $3K and a major service $2K-$3K. You will want to make sure that all servicing is up to date and have a good PPI done by a dealership.

·
Registered
141 Posts
For my money I would buy an '07 Automatic. The CC (Duo select) F1 systems can be problematic and there are a couple of componenets that will shut the car down in it's tracks when they fail. If you are looking for a duo selct car, get an '06 or '07, the '05's where brand new cars and much less reliable. hope this helps.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Do not buy a QP before driving both an automatic and a duoselect (F1). I had to fly to Atlanta to drive the duoselect after driving the automatic in Chicago. I knew immediately that the duoselect was the one for me and went and sought out a 2007.

2007 has the best set-up for the duoselect. Updated throw-out bearing, electronics, etc.

If you are buying a QP more for asthetics, rather than performance, you'll be happier in an automatic. If you want to maximize driving interaction and performance, the duoselect is the right configuration for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2006 Qp

Hi, I would say a 2006 Executive QP,with low miles, fully serviced & not a LEASE car. I have A Perfect QP, I just hope I can keep it because of some money issues. can send you photos of a wonderfull 2006 Quadtroporte. Please advise & you will see a one of a kind,BEAUTIFUL VEHICLE. My email is [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts