Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a Cambio Coupe for about a year and used it as a weekend driver car (one of the best experiences of my life). I'm now thinking about buying a Quattroporte as a daily driver. Any suggestions here? When I was getting ready to buy a Coupe, I was advised of the shifting issues with a GT coupe, advised to get Skyhook and a leather headliner, perhaps the software on a later model Coupe was better, etc. Any such helpful advice on the Quattroporte, in terms of preferable years, options, use as a daily driver, etc.? Also, prices seem to be all over the map; any further comments here? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i would suggest you wait and see.

(you said 'preferable year' and 'prices over the place' so i assume you are looking at used. )

here's why:
1) 2007 MY supposedly will have some changes, including a 6AT transmission and 500hp (?!) engine.
2) may be some leases are 2 years old? and you will see some lease returns within the next year or so.

not saying you should get a 6AT, but just wait and see what it will do to the market. i doubt too many owners will switch over from 05/06 to an 07AT, but you never know.

if you are looking for a basic model, 2005 and 2006 has little to no difference or updates; so there is really no preferable year between the available choice. the most significant change is the Sport GT submodel (doubt you can find a good priced used 06 Sport GT).

as far as options go, do a search and you will see what other QP owners think. i would say yes to Sports package and tubi (!) a must have. the massage seats a waste of money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As said before little has changed since the launch in 2003/4 except the 2006 Sport GT model, so I would suggest the bargains are the 2003/4s. The unannounced 2007 model could bring new things, but I don't see that it will cause the prices to drop dramatically (QP has been the best selling model).
If you are not paying list for the options; I highly recommend the glass pack (only in Europe). The comfort seats are actually good albeit not worth their price. Check that the speakers switch completely off when the CD/radio is off but the head-unit is on (mine make a static sounds - annoying).

The brochure might not show on the North American version of the web:
http://www.maserati.com/esImages/20030918/qplaunchbrochureita_eng.pdf

Most things (Skyhook, GPS, Xenon, cruise, etc) come standard, so its easier to shop for a QP than a Coupe/Spyder. Good luck, its a great car.

- Toffe

_________
QP 2004

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i dont think there are production 2003 MY QP.
in europe there are 2004's.
in NA they start as 2005.

·
Registered
909 Posts
'05 was the first year for the QP in NA

Year to year changes were minor in the standard QP for 06, limited to things like lighted switches for the rear heated seat option, and the central driver display telling you if you turned your heated seat on.

'06 also added the Executive GT (mainly just an option package + chrome trim only previously available on the Neimann Marcus cars) and Sport GT (the hardcore QP).

See previous threads for detail on those option packages.

Definately get either the sport package or at least 19" wheels, sunroof, and front heated seats. I think those are the big three for resale. Alcantara headliner and wooden steering wheel \ parking brake are also really nice options to have. If you have younger kids you might consider the TV\DVD package and rear sunshades. The phone kit is generally not very good, and our customers have had better luck with aftermarket blue-tooth kits.

- Mark

(we have several new and used QP's on our site if you want to browse what some of the different colors and options look like)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts