Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlights on my Quattroporte seem to set themselves OK, but there is a secondary pool of light just a few feet in front of the car which detracts from the effectiveness of the lights, and I can't see any purpose to it. My wife's Saab has bi-xenons and do not have this feature and are far more effective. Does anyone know if this is normal or do I need to get them checked. This only happens with dipped beam by the way.

Also, I can't seem to work out how to search the SIM phone memory using the built in GSM phone. If I input the first letter of the name on the right hand side of the screen, the phone book on the left flashes, but doesn't search for names starting with that letter. The only way to search through 200 or more phone numbers is to scroll down from the top every time, which wouldn't be acceptable on even the cheapest "pay as you go" phone out there.

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thread's so old it's pushing up daisys ;-) But just got since two days ago a QP 5 '08MY and I get a "lozenge" of white light dipped beam showing our nearside (kerbside or left as viewed from the rear) Found that dealer had changed all four tyres as part of my deal to new Pirelli P zeros all round but the pressures were all over the place: NSF 21, OSF 35, NSR 49, and OSR 38 psi (yes, really)

So put them down to 32 all round and found that the "lozenge" was now equal both sides and much longer. Whether there's meant to be a "lozenge" of dipped beam or not can't say.

As to your mention of the headunit -- not surprised coming as it does from Blaupunkt that doesn't even "allow" self created .MP3 CDs to be played. No wonder the Chinese are laughing all the way to the bank: I have a Pioneer FPIC in my SLR that does everything, and had a JVC in my Passat that did everything +digital broadcasts +DVD +surround sound too. Both were circa 2007

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well at least you realized its an old thread... Pretty sure you hold the record for answering an old question. Its been almost 15 years and poor houghn has been very patiently waiting. Thanks for clearing that up.;)
(Except for the lozenge stuff ??)

·
Registered
40 Posts
You don't say what car you've got. But does it give out a "lozenge" of white light immediately in front of the heads on dipped beam?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had diagnostics done yesterday, no issues reported from the Headlight Levelling Module. And don't have a warning light on dash either. Will be coming back tonight in darkess so will see effects

·
Registered
40 Posts
Found all tyre pressures wrong. Corrected to 32psi all round for this new set of PZeroes.
Lozenge of white light from NS dipped beam now more elongated, but it's still wrong.
Checked levelling function of both by switch on from IGN and both motors operating.

Travelling through tunnel with regular drains on NS shows NS holder and/or bulb assy loose.
Access via NS wheel arch: remove NS wheel and then NS wheel arch liner. Good vid at:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts