Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was wondering on a QP is there a warranty on the clutch as well? It seems mine could be slipping. Slight hesitation (at times) from 1st gear in manual mode. Car has 10m miles on it.

It seems like sometime it is covered sometimes not...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depends on circumstances i think. given your 10k mileage i doubt the dealer will be keen to offer a free replacement but worth pushing for one. I am on my 3rd clutch already with only 9k on the clock. 1st clutch wore around 3.5k miles for some reason? and was replaced free. 2nd clutch was burned out by the recovery driver loading the car onto truck for a service, again replaced free but they may have billed the recovery company? Its quite a common issue if you drive around town / heavy traffic but does not seem to be an issue for those in more rural locations.

Stuart

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Guys,

I was wondering on a QP is there a warranty on the clutch as well? It seems mine could be slipping. Slight hesitation (at times) from 1st gear in manual mode. Car has 10m miles on it.

I took my QP at 6000 miles with a similar issue. They simply adjusted the kiss point which fixed problem and did so under warranty.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hey Guys,

I was wondering on a QP is there a warranty on the clutch as well? ...Car has 10m miles on it.

well, if your QP has 10,000,000 miles on it, Maserati would give you a free clutch for loving the car so much. ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
If there is a defect in the clutch, Maserati should replace it under warranty, no questions asked. (they did this with my noisy clutch - there was talk of a bad batch but the explanation given to me was 'uneven wear')

But if it is just worn and slipping I would think not. However, if the wear is premature, I think you have an argument for it being covered.

The issue is what is the definition of premature. 10,000 miles on a QP (which defaults to auto mode) doesn't sound hugely premature to me, unless you use manual sport every time you drive the car.

Some people get up to 20-25,000 on coupes but most people seem to replace them in the 15,000-20,000 mile range, at least based on the comments here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts