Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another little problem I have is that since the last service (I always have problems when the car comes back from the dealers), the clock cannot be set...neither in manual mode nor in GPS...should I just Ctrl+Alt+Del the car or is there something simpler?

If I could offer one piece of advice to all V8 owners is the one thing that has always gone wrong in 7 years of Maser ownership...never ever trust the dealer when it comes to the battery...buy 2...and when it comes back from the dealer swap the batteries...trickle charge the swapped one at home...

You might be luckier in the US, but 10 years of easy life for the main dealers in London has meant that demand is so high that effort is at an absolute low...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Another little problem I have is that since the last service (I always have problems when the car comes back from the dealers), the clock cannot be set...neither in manual mode nor in GPS...should I just Ctrl+Alt+Del the car or is there something simpler?

If I could offer one piece of advice to all V8 owners is the one thing that has always gone wrong in 7 years of Maser ownership...never ever trust the dealer when it comes to the battery...buy 2...and when it comes back from the dealer swap the batteries...trickle charge the swapped one at home...

You might be luckier in the US, but 10 years of easy life for the main dealers in London has meant that demand is so high that effort is at an absolute low...
Make sure that the time base setting in not activated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure that the time base setting in not activated.
Tried that, still no effect....very annoying...I need to have the recall work done so I'll leave it to the dealer. Bet its something really simple though...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Under the glove box there is a black control module about 5" x 5" , more towards the middle of the car near the fire wall. There is a simple flap with a couple christmas tree clips that hold it in to gain access under the glove box. The module has two molex plugs going into it. If you unplug them for 10 secs it will reset the clock and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Under the glove box there is a black control module about 5" x 5" , more towards the middle of the car near the fire wall. There is a simple flap with a couple christmas tree clips that hold it in to gain access under the glove box. The module has two molex plugs going into it. If you unplug them for 10 secs it will reset the clock and you should be good to go.
Storming...thanks! Will try it tomorrow morning...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think the analog clock is problematic in the QP. In my car the hands are always off by 2-6 minutes as compared to the digital clock. I also noticed recently that the GPS time sync is also running 5-6 minutes slow as compared to the real time. I didn't even know that was possible on a satellite sync.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts