Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at purchasing new luxury sedan and thought I may explore outside the realm of the usual 7 series as S class.

What does one need to know about this car before making the plunge? How do they compare to the 7? How is the maintenance, known issues etc for a first time buyers.

I have always found forums usually have a wealth of experience so please share yours :)

Regards,
Sardar

PS. Looking at year model 2005/2006.

·
Registered
242 Posts
you could also use the search button on the top right and pick the specific topics you want to know about....

·
Registered
793 Posts
I’m looking at purchasing new luxury sedan ---How do they compare to the 7? How is the maintenance, known issues etc for a first time buyers.

Regards,
Sardar

PS. Looking at year model 2005/2006.
You would do yourself a word of good to learn about the DuoSelect transmission and its issues especially since your are questioning maintenance!

I suggest you not consider an 05 or 06 QP w/o doing all your homework first.

AND definitely read the following thread in its entirety: http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ I read that thread and honeslty it really scred me out of purchasing a QP.

I read that thread and honesty it really scared me out of purchasing a QP.
My situation would have been the same. It is being purchased for my mom and dad to use and they drive slow and very short distances. Also it will never see manual mode…well expect when I would drive it.
I think sticking with the 760li is a better choice.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
^ I read that thread and honeslty it really scred me out of purchasing a QP.

I read that thread and honesty it really scared me out of purchasing a QP.
My situation would have been the same. It is being purchased for my mom and dad to use and they drive slow and very short distances. Also it will never see manual mode…well expect when I would drive it.
get a 760li then...

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
IIt is being purchased for my mom and dad to use and they drive slow and very short distances.
For "non-car type" of people - the high-end Lexus is the best choice.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Gotta second that. They are super cars for non-car people. Or even for a car person, for when you just want to get there in peace and quiet without remembering the drive.

I own a healthy Maserati Spyder, a raucous vintage Ferrari, and an Rx400h. The Lexus is the one that I use when the drive itself is not the top priority.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Agreed Why on earth woulld the OP buy those poor folks a QP?? And why spend all your inheritance on a BMW or a Merc? For mom and dad a nice caddy or lincoln would be much better for those short drives to the store, the bingo and to church ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Still, unless Sardar is going to be the car's primary driver, what's the point?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts