Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I’m having the same symptoms in my 2014 QP6. When the car is stopped specially during hot days, the AC seems to operate in low mode, blowing hot air.
I’ve checked the spare parts diagram and the new QP6 M156 looks like it doesn’t have this resistor behind the fan.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
Sorry, figured this would be a better place for this question

Cheers

C

5,917 Posts
A M156 car does not have a fan resistor.... If the fan wasn't working then the car would probably overheat...You have two pipes that come off the compressor...One should be kinda hot with the a/c on and the other should feel like a cold glass of water to the touch...Start by checking that....Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the reply!

Today I had a look on those aluminum pipes. One was absolutely hot and the other one, as you said Jason, like a cold glass.
However after a couple minutes the compressor seems to runs at lower power setting and the cold pipe starts to warm up.
When I drive the car over 40km/h the cold air comes on again normally.

The car went to annual maintance at dealership last month. I mentioned the AC problem and they said it was fine. They just had to refill the gas refrigerator, no damage nor leakage was found.

I live in the Middle East. The car has the star/stop function deactivated by factory. I don’t know if this might have an impact on AC.

Regards Japaa

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I scan the car today and I got the message:

“Engine Control Module Fault

P053200/Pending: Vehicle speed idle control and auxiliary inputs | A/C pressure sensor circuit low”

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you get resolution to this problem? I have a similar issue. Passenger side blows hot and driver side blows semi cool when set at max ac. Also the back seat system blows hot. It’s at the dealership now but I’m afraid it will be a long drawn out process. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, not yet. Because for me it’s intermittent.
How about for you, does it happen only when the car is stopped? Have you scanned your car, got the same code?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Did you get resolution to this problem? I have a similar issue. Passenger side blows hot and driver side blows semi cool when set at max ac. Also the back seat system blows hot. It’s at the dealership now but I’m afraid it will be a long drawn out process. Any thoughts?
That is a different issue and quite a common one for QP VI and Ghiblis. It’s an actuator that gets stuck. Techs might be able to get it unstuck by cycling it a few times, but it needs to be replaced eventually. Not a difficult job and it’s covered by warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Toshy! A light in the end of the tunnel!
My car is out of warranty, do you know the part number for this actuator?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Toshy! That could be, however I still think mine has to do with the idle thing.

Masqpgts what was your diagnosis at dealer? Good news?

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ll check Ghibli forum as well, thanks for that!
But it could be something with this actuator: my rear AC is cold, front is warm (only when the car is stopped)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great news - I ended up just needing a coolant charge. Drove it home from the dealership (30 miles) yesterday on a sunny 87 degree day and froze the whole way ?.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good that it got fixed. I also have a QP GTS. In Doha :). It's way too hot now to not have fully blowing A/C

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Summer is coming and I decided to put an end in this issue.
Since my ac was poor only at idle, I decided to change the electronic solenoid control valve in the ac compressor. The only place on earth that I could find this valve was on AliExpress.

The part is really cheap $15usd, the only thing is the replacement. Most garages will ask you to change the whole compressor or they will ask a lot of money to do the job. But I found one here in Doha and they charged me $233 usd.
You have to discharge the gas, remove the left wheel to access the ac compressor. I’m not sure If you can replace the valve without removing the compressor (some cars you can), but the guy here removed the whole ac compressor.

I’ve been driving the car for almost 2 weeks and the ac is blowing cold in idle again. I’m posting a link from YouTube where a guy replace this valve in a different car just to have an idea.

I hope it can help someone with the same issue.

cheers

Japa

PS: if you’re removing the ac compressor remember also to replace the serpentine belt ($30usd). According to owners manual you have to replace it at least every 50,000 mi (80,000 km) or 4 years and every time the part is removed

·
Registered
49 Posts
congrats on getting this fixed, sometimes you have to use an educated guess, . its interesting looking at the 2 solenoids they look a bit different with a different screen and o-ring on the end of the old one, maybe a upgraded design change to cure a issue? not sure but glad its working for you! i have also read that a/c systems on these cars is touchy about the pressure being set at exactly the correct level. My 07QP is super cold right now as its the first summer i have really driven the car so really glad its working well , having read lots of others have had issues but for different reasons. My 04 jag is ice cold and always has been even on a 100 degree day! This morning on the way to work it was 84 degrees and i had to take the ac off max and decrease blower it was that cool. anyway thanks for sharing and posting the pictures

·
Registered
2017 Quattroporte S Granlusso
9 Posts
Great news - I ended up just needing a coolant charge. Drove it home from the dealership (30 miles) yesterday on a sunny 87 degree day and froze the whole way ?.
Hey Masqpgts, my 17 QP is doing the same as yours. What did the dealer charge you for that? Assume that would be minimal hours so hopefully cheap?
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Quattroporte S Granlusso
9 Posts
Hey Masqpgts, my 17 QP is doing the same as yours. What did the dealer charge you for that? Assume that would be minimal hours so hopefully cheap?
Thanks
Update: I had a mobile A/C service come to the house to see if they could diagnose the issue and they found pressure low. Recharged the system - it is an R134 system by the way - I had seen posts alleging that it is the pricier 1234yf system but its not. The tech looked for leak and found no evidence of leak under the hood. Removed some trim pieces under the glove box and took a bore scope under the dash to look at the evaporator for a leak. Not conclusive but looks like there may be a small leak there. Cost me $120 and now the a/c is working properly. Not sure how long it will last if there is indeed an evaporator leak. Have no idea what the dealer would charge for an evaporator replacement but I’m guessing it is a fortune. Will drive for a while and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts