Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 QP Sport GT with the factory 20 inch wheels.
The car since day one has always had a slight but noticeable vibration at 80mph which starts to go way above that speed.
I've heard that other QP owners have notice this and also that the cars with 19 inch wheels don't do this.
Has anyone else out there had this problem?
If so was there an effective remedy?
tw

·
Registered
312 Posts
My 2007 QP Sport GT with the factory 20 inch wheels.
The car since day one has always had a slight but noticeable vibration at 80mph which starts to go way above that speed.
I've heard that other QP owners have notice this and also that the cars with 19 inch wheels don't do this.
Has anyone else out there had this problem?
If so was there an effective remedy?
tw
I have a 2005; no vibration issues.

Find a tire shop that has, and knows how to use, a Hunter GPS9700 balancer and vibration damping system (you can go to the Hunter Engineering site and find a list of tire stores that have this device, not too hard to find) and have them rebalance all your wheels; low cost and a good chance of a simple fix.

·
Registered
518 Posts
your wheel balance is messed up probably threw a weight any respectable tire shop can rebalance your wheels

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've put 3,000+ miles on my 07 QP in the past two weeks (major road trips) and don't feel any "bad" vibrations at 80... or at 155 (with a trunk full of luggage). :)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I agree with the head, either a wheel is out of balance or your alignment is out of wack. Did you recently hit a big pot hole?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts