Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I think i am going to get the QP.

Questions regarding some power upgrades.

How much are the Tubi exhaust and ECU chips?

And where could i get them aside from the dealer?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
835 Posts
simon78 said:
How much are the Tubi exhaust
FM dealers do carry tubi but sell them at a premium. Some said if the exhaust mod is done outsite of the dealerships the warranty would be voided. I don't believe it is true but got mine at the dealership and received a good discount, just $200USD more than the best price i found on the net. 3400 for me but a bit higher for the QP's.

simon78 said:
Eurotek, even though i haven't yet able to get the programming to work on mine but i believe Euotek is the place to go. Talk to Kevin or MVP on this forum. It cost 2K (racing prog.), may be slightly higher as it was done on a group buy deal a while back.

·
Registered
513 Posts
there is nothing magical about a tubi...

haha said:
FM dealers do carry tubi but sell them at a premium. Some said if the exhaust mod is done outsite of the dealerships the warranty would be voided.

It always puzzles me why people buy into Dealer scare tactics over a muffler. A tubi, at least on my Spyder, is nothing more than a Muffler, not a System, is installed way past the Catalytic or the o2 sensors.

Why would our cars be any different than another vehicle? Midas mufflers are in almost every city, because mufflers are a pretty passive part of a car, designed to "muffle" the sounds of a cars exhuast. For a dealer to imply or state this is BS. Most states have Laws governing Voiding of warranties anyways, ..if your Electrical goes out and a dealer says, "well, you have that Tubi on your car, so, we are gonna have to deny paying the costs to redo your electrical system..."...I think he will need a pretty talented lawyer to defend him for being in Bad Faith.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
demoe said:
TITLE: "there is nothing magical about a tubi..."

...Why would our cars be any different than another vehicle? Midas mufflers are in almost every city....

2002 Spyder Cambio tubi
1998 Mercedes c43 AMG, nice and low
1991 Lotus Elan modified little monster
i hate to call you a hypocrite, but if there is nothing magical about a tubi, why do you proudly include it in your signature? why not 2002 Spyder Cambio Midas!?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm new here. What's a tubi?

I know it's some form of a muffler that is changed from the stock one, but what does it have that the stock one doesn't?

& another question: how much performance would the ECU upgrade effect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your info.

When i called the dealer in DC/VA area they said 4900 for it.

I was like what !!! When i had my 911 or BMW it never cost that much, i know is a tubi but again is just ah muffler.

Anyways, so i did some further reaserch and called tubi usa and got in touch with the wholesaler in GA. Going to give him a call to find out if i could pick up a used one or give me a good price.

I will let you know.

Thanks.

BTW, how was that group buy for ECU ended up ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
simon78 said:
When i called the dealer in DC/VA area they said 4900 for it...BTW, how was that group buy for ECU ended up ?
yea, 4900 is too much. they are a couple of members on this forum did the mod on their QP's. you should be able to find their posts through search.

the price was about 4-500 less than if you were to get it directly from eurotek. MVP (Kevin) organized the group buy you should give him a call. I got mine done but had problems after I upgrated to the racing program, waiting on eurotek to program my unit again. below is a link to MikeA's dyno result on his spyder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts