Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just collected my QP and it is a real beautiful machine which is a blast to drive. This car is simply awesome and everytime it put a smile on my face when I take it for a spin listening to the V8 roar. It handles beautifully, very nimble and sharp, hiding its heavy weight and long wheelbase very well. And the QP pulls like a train. :D

Everything works perfectly for this car but however sometimes when I start the car and push the transmission joystick forward to 'D/1', it goes to Manual mode instead of the Auto mode. :? I understand from the owner handbook that it is suppose to begin automatically in Auto mode. As such I will need to press on the 'M/A' button to switch it to Auto mode.
Does anyone encounter similar incident and is there any solution to it :?: Appreciate the help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Velocity said:
Hi,

Just collected my QP and it is a real beautiful machine which is a blast to drive. This car is simply awesome and everytime it put a smile on my face when I take it for a spin listening to the V8 roar. It handles beautifully, very nimble and sharp, hiding its heavy weight and long wheelbase very well. And the QP pulls like a train. :D

Everything works perfectly for this car but however sometimes when I start the car and push the transmission joystick forward to 'D/1', it goes to Manual mode instead of the Auto mode. :? I understand from the owner handbook that it is suppose to begin automatically in Auto mode. As such I will need to press on the 'M/A' button to switch it to Auto mode.
Does anyone encounter similar incident and is there any solution to it :?: Appreciate the help.

Thanks!
We could trade cars? - I wish my QP would start up in manual. Enjoy that beautiful new car. I have almost 30K miles on my 2005 QP, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Can we get a photo?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its not supposed to do that, but you don't need to use the joystick to go from neutral to drive anyway, just pull the right paddle. Enjoy the car.

Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

We could trade cars? - I wish my QP would start up in manual. Enjoy that beautiful new car. I have almost 30K miles on my 2005 QP, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Can we get a photo?[/quote]

No problem! But mine is a Right Hand Drive. :wink:

The QP is simply Stunning! No regrets owning one. Was actually considering the M5 besides the QP, but the QP's beautiful curves make me drools. And the M5 looks almost like any other 5 series on the road.

Will take some shots of this italian beauty. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts

Can we get a photo?[/quote]

No problem! But mine is a Right Hand Drive. :wink:

The QP is simply Stunning! No regrets owning one. Was actually considering the M5 besides the QP, but the QP's beautiful curves make
me drools. And the M5 looks almost like any other 5 series on the road.

Will take some shots of this italian beauty. :)[/quote]
I was on the M5 trail too, got tired of waiting and along came the QP; what a happy outcome! Hey we do a home exchange every year with a family in Paris; maybe we could start a new thing: The QP Exchange Plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
kbrookings
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing