Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps

Am very excited to be picking up my new QP tomorrow morning (not sure I will get much sleep tonight:))but thought I would ask what others have done about running in.

Dealer told me that all Ferrari & Maserati engines are run on a test bed for 3 days (or something like that) and as such there is no need to follow a typical running in period. Just wondered what others had heard about this and whether they took it easy for first 500 miles or so. Must say the thought of not having to exercise restraint sounds very good........

Cheers

Carl

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulation, same feeling as I took delivery my GT-S a month ago. However, never heard my dealer mentioned about the in-house run in arrangement, the only thing I was recommended not to go over 5,000 rpm for the first 1,000 Km then bring it back for oil change only. Now I only put about 800 Km on it, everything is just magnificent and as great as what I expected. Tell us about it later. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great to hear that you are enjoying the car, must admint I was very very impressed on the test drive and am really looking forward to it. Will have another conversation with the dealer tomorrow and see what he recommends. Will post finding if I can be prised away from the wheel:D

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I would suggest a proper break in.

It will never hurt you to run in the car properly, make sure that everything seems to be working well and working together.

At the same time, there is enough testing that if you decide to ring it out for a few minutes... you should be OK ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jeff, have been following your suggestion and not taken much above 5000rpm other than for the odd moment here and there. Is it necessary to have an oil change at 1000km I can't remember what the service book says but if I need to then I might have to find a dealer whilst on holiday as I do not have enough miles on her yet.

Am so far very impressed with the car in general, build quality is way better than my old Coupe but a very different driving experience. Am looking forward to trying out the GranTurismo S when it arrives to see how it compares.

Cheers

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts