Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Does anyone know if there is a way to update or remap the TCU of auto gearbox to make it blip the throttle on downshifts? Just like it has the QP Sport GT S (2009 - 2012) - that is a real pleasure to drive in sport manual mode - blips, shifts fast... But in QP S the transmission setup is too normal, no blips, slow, but it's the same ZF gearbox. How can I make the gearbox work in QP S just like it does in QP Sport GT S? Any ideas? Please.

Thank you very much for any reactions.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi! Does anyone know if there is a way to update or remap the TCU of auto gearbox to make it blip the throttle on downshifts? Just like it has the QP Sport GT S (2009 - 2012) - that is a real pleasure to drive in sport manual mode - blips, shifts fast... But in QP S the transmission setup is too normal, no blips, slow, but it's the same ZF gearbox. How can I make the gearbox work in QP S just like it does in QP Sport GT S? Any ideas? Please.

Thank you very much for any reactions.
You could try an ECU swap but I'm almost positive it will be an error code.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could try an ECU swap but I'm almost positive it will be an error code.
Thanks for the info. And what if I swap the mechatronic unit of ZF transmission? If I put the mechatronic unit from QP Sport GT S to the QP S? :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
You'd really need to ask an expert, I'm just guessing here. I know the can bus needs to "see" certain things to work so you might need to have the car programmed for the new module at the very least. I couldn't begin to tell you if there's an internal difference to the transmission itself besides. Maybe one of our experts will chime in when available.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

4,693 Posts
The VIN# will be different in the Sport GTS TCU and you'll end up with a fault as it won't match the the VIN stored in the vehicle.....A dealer can't reprogram your TCU as when you enter the VIN# the the factory software recognizes your vehicle based on VIN and sees your car model based on the VIN....Basically, it is not happening....Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The VIN# will be different in the Sport GTS TCU and you'll end up with a fault as it won't match the the VIN stored in the vehicle.....A dealer can't reprogram your TCU as when you enter the VIN# the the factory software recognizes your vehicle based on VIN and sees your car model based on the VIN....Basically, it is not happening....Jason
Thank you very much for your reply. So that's not the way. And do you think there is a way to remap/reprogram the transmission to shift faster and blip on downshifts? Or it's not possible?

4,693 Posts
Oh, I think a lot of stuff is possible on car, but is it reasonable? No...From my understanding of the dealer software, you just can't select what stuff from the menus and pick stuff...It is all automated through a server based on the VIN#...Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts