Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the new GT's pictures and I recalled that the QP has been mentioned to be in for a refresh on the front and rear.
I wass wondering does anyone think that the QP will end up looking like the new GT's front or similar to it?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
at the dealership i was told that you can no longer order the coupe.
it's basically replaced by the gt. i hope i am not confusing anything here,
please correct me if i am wrong.

cheers, panic
the QP is not the coupe. QP is the quattroporte.

from what i saw and read (probably same thing you read online), the QP will have a minor facelift. it is likely they will have the concave grille in the front.

IMO, what they really need is some sort of upgrade in the engine output...

QP/GT: ~400hp
8C: 450hp
430: 490hp
430 Scuderia: 520hp
612: 540hp
599: 612hp

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M!
Do you think they will change the headlights?
I am asking because there is a slightly used QP sport GT for sale here and I am seriously thinking about it. But the face on the Granturismo is very pretty (personal taste) that I imagine if the QP looks like that it should be a very sweet car. And yes I think a major power hike is needed for the QP! Somewhere in the range of 500 would be nice for the QP

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the input!
When I get back home I will make an offer and hopefully be a proud owner of a very beautiful car.
I previously, in the 80's, owned a Biturbo E. I had wonderful memories of it. Had to sell it because i moved back to Taiwan.
If it is just the grill then it is not much of a facelift! What i really wish for is power hike! If there is any confirmed rumour of that then I would hold off my purchase!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that car took me on the PCH in the canyons and up and down 5! never gave me a problem save two time when the driver side window would not come down or up! it got stuck half way other than that not one single problem. Maybe I was lucky! But is was fast and it handled really well. the feeling was definitely different from my 911S and my BMW 320is that i had prior to the Biturbo E.
recently when i took my 550 to the dealer here I saw the QP! The car just look beautiful! and the interior was just so nice!

·
Registered
279 Posts
twnqp - cool another owner in Asia on the board... i always say spend what you can afford... if the Qp is to your liking and within the budget, dive in! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
just some thoughts

M! & twnqp

Yes, you guys were right if you were to import a new QP. Especially when manufacturer warranty in considerations. I was thinking about moving back to TW and did some research on import tax to bring a GS with me. I rather not buying a used one there simply due the number of available selections. Combined QP's and GS's, there are total 20 Masers imported each year from the authorized dealership. I did a quick search and found TW Ferrari/Maserati supports 3 year warranty. That's pretty impressive IMO. :)

Let's take an 05 GS, 05QP and 06 QP Sport GT and do some calculations (with 1:33 exchange rate):
'05 GS - purchase at $55k and total cost of $127k (TWD$4.2M)
'05 QP - purchase at $65k and total cost of $137k (TWD$4.5M)
'06 QP Sport GT - at $75k and total cost of $172k (TWD$5.7M)

twnqp - if that slightly used QP is still covered by TW Maserati manufacturer warranty, I would most likely go for it if the numbers are acceptable. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts