Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the new GT's pictures and I recalled that the QP has been mentioned to be in for a refresh on the front and rear.
I wass wondering does anyone think that the QP will end up looking like the new GT's front or similar to it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
at the dealership i was told that you can no longer order the coupe.
it's basically replaced by the gt. i hope i am not confusing anything here,
please correct me if i am wrong.

cheers, panic

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
at the dealership i was told that you can no longer order the coupe.
it's basically replaced by the gt. i hope i am not confusing anything here,
please correct me if i am wrong.

cheers, panic
the QP is not the coupe. QP is the quattroporte.

from what i saw and read (probably same thing you read online), the QP will have a minor facelift. it is likely they will have the concave grille in the front.

IMO, what they really need is some sort of upgrade in the engine output...

QP/GT: ~400hp
8C: 450hp
430: 490hp
430 Scuderia: 520hp
612: 540hp
599: 612hp

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M!
Do you think they will change the headlights?
I am asking because there is a slightly used QP sport GT for sale here and I am seriously thinking about it. But the face on the Granturismo is very pretty (personal taste) that I imagine if the QP looks like that it should be a very sweet car. And yes I think a major power hike is needed for the QP! Somewhere in the range of 500 would be nice for the QP

·
Registered
278 Posts
Think that facelift will be minor indeed and I am with M! Would love a 470+ version of either the QP or the GT (only with Duoselect)....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the input!
When I get back home I will make an offer and hopefully be a proud owner of a very beautiful car.
I previously, in the 80's, owned a Biturbo E. I had wonderful memories of it. Had to sell it because i moved back to Taiwan.
If it is just the grill then it is not much of a facelift! What i really wish for is power hike! If there is any confirmed rumour of that then I would hold off my purchase!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you just say you owned a Biturbo... and had "wonderful" memories of it?

Oh, so YOU'RE the one! ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that car took me on the PCH in the canyons and up and down 5! never gave me a problem save two time when the driver side window would not come down or up! it got stuck half way other than that not one single problem. Maybe I was lucky! But is was fast and it handled really well. the feeling was definitely different from my 911S and my BMW 320is that i had prior to the Biturbo E.
recently when i took my 550 to the dealer here I saw the QP! The car just look beautiful! and the interior was just so nice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sport gt is listing around NT$7.1 million. If the exchange rate is around 33NT$ to 1US$ that would be roughly 215,000 US$s.

·
Registered
52 Posts
'07 Maserati QT  jpg.jpg Any new Sport GT should only be sold with duoselect ONLY. With 520 hp.
No more wimp cars.

Lets ride.........

·
Registered
279 Posts
twnqp - cool another owner in Asia on the board... i always say spend what you can afford... if the Qp is to your liking and within the budget, dive in! :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
twnqp - if I were you, I'd probably import one myself :D
if i m not mistaken the high prices in places like HK, TW and SGP are due to the importation duty, taxes, etc. don't think he will save much money even if he imports one himself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
M! said it all.
The cost i actually the importation and related charges that makes the car so expensive here in Taiwan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just some thoughts

M! & twnqp

Yes, you guys were right if you were to import a new QP. Especially when manufacturer warranty in considerations. I was thinking about moving back to TW and did some research on import tax to bring a GS with me. I rather not buying a used one there simply due the number of available selections. Combined QP's and GS's, there are total 20 Masers imported each year from the authorized dealership. I did a quick search and found TW Ferrari/Maserati supports 3 year warranty. That's pretty impressive IMO. :)

Let's take an 05 GS, 05QP and 06 QP Sport GT and do some calculations (with 1:33 exchange rate):
'05 GS - purchase at $55k and total cost of $127k (TWD$4.2M)
'05 QP - purchase at $65k and total cost of $137k (TWD$4.5M)
'06 QP Sport GT - at $75k and total cost of $172k (TWD$5.7M)

twnqp - if that slightly used QP is still covered by TW Maserati manufacturer warranty, I would most likely go for it if the numbers are acceptable. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts