Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum today.
I have a question for everyone. I have to replace the pads and discs on my QP GTS (2013) soon and I was thinking of moving towards carbon ceramics or a combo of some sort instead of the standard configuration.

Can anybody advise which option is better and where to get these fitted? Currently living in Dubai and use AR Motors for my servicing who are brilliant if I may say so myself.

I look forward to seeing all of your posts.

Adnaan

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Why do you feel you need carbon ceramic brakes? are you tracking your vehicle? what issues are you having with the factory setup? I am not entirely sure carbon ceramic rotors would be a financially viable option as I understand these are extremely expensive parts. I heard on the new porsche cars and mclarens that are equipped with carbon ceramic brakes these replacements can cost up in the range of $25 to $50k.

You would likely have to look at the ferarri parts bin IF such parts were available that would fit the QP, which I highly doubt. You could also look at formula dynamics for replacement pads and rotors which would be at a better cost than factory, though given your location you are going to get killed on shipping. Their pads are carbon-kevlar and are an improvement on the factory pads. Aside from that, I would recommend getting replacement steel rotors from the aftermarket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts