Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my dealer(UK) that if I were to fit a 3rd party exhaust(Tubi) to the QP I'll be picking up tomorrow then the Trident Warranty would be invalid. Is this true as I heard there was an EU ruling that allowed 3rd party upgrades if th quality was equal or better to the OEM part?

Also, does fitting a 3rd party exhaust cause problems with the insurance in the UK(eg they run for cover?).

thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
A friend of a coworker put a Tubi on his QP, but it was too loud so he supposedly replaced it with another Tubi that is quieter. How many different Tubi mufflers are there for the QP?

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
My understanding is that they would only be able to argue that an exhaust related issue would not be covered and even this would be open to debate. I believe the EU Block Exemption would allow you to fit whatever parts you like and it is only the manufacturers bullying the dealers into using scare tactics to try and prevent customers swapping parts out. I am no way an expert in this but if you did some research I suspect it would say something similar.

I too am thinking about getting a slightly more audible exhaust and am toying with getting Larini back boxes which should give me more volume without being too loud and spoiling the effortless cruising ability the car has. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts