Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming from a 997 (911)

do you guys see hug difference between exec & sport , my wife love the exec with tan interior. and they have a triple black gt with red stiching at my dealer i drove both both were fine. but it was just a test drive.

any thought's?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ericpwiseguy said:
coming from a 997 (911)

do you guys see hug difference between exec & sport , my wife love the exec with tan interior. and they have a triple black gt with red stiching at my dealer i drove both both were fine. but it was just a test drive.

any thought's?
Not a big difference, but I'd take the Sport GT because it's more in-line with what Maserati is all about. The Executive GT is more expensive than the Sport GT and it doesn't come with modifications to the gearbox, which is one of the irks of the QP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FWIW, I talked to a Maserati salesman after he drove the Sport GT for the first time. He said he was a little disappointed with it. He said if he was going to buy a Quattroporte he would get the Executive GT and throw a tubi exhaust on it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ericpwiseguy said:
dealer said

best deal 119k on exec
lowering kis 2k
tubi 4,500

sound right to you guys?
Thats about right 119+tax/lc and all the bull
it's like 135 out the door.

i like the sport GT with the wood i have tubi and it fkn rips past everyone on the road.

drive safe

·
Registered
96 Posts
tfaz said:
FWIW, I talked to a Maserati salesman after he drove the Sport GT for the first time. He said he was a little disappointed with it. He said if he was going to buy a Quattroporte he would get the Executive GT and throw a tubi exhaust on it.
Well, if the Executive GT is more expensive, why wouldn't he say that? ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here is my opinion. I have spent alot of time in both cars.I like the sport Gt better in almost all ways. You can get everything you get on an executive except the wood steering wheel/handbrake. The shifts in the Sport Gt are much cleaner and seem more "natural" to me. Even in non sport mode, it seems to shift better. The sport Gt will ride a bit harsher but I am not sure if that is the suspension set up or the 20" wheels/tires. We have a set of HRE 20"s like MRthekid's, on a standard QP and the car rides just like a sport GT.

The Executive is no different than a standard QP. It is more of an option package than anything else. You can order every option on a standard QP that you get on an executive. With the exception of the front grill and portholes on the side, the exec is options.

That said, it is really personal preference if you like a sportier version or a more "plush" version.

Just curious, what part of the country are you located?

If you have any other questions we would be glad to help out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i am new here and i've done searching all the post. i believe this post is the closest that i can get.

since i know nothing about QP, i have this question:

is the difference between sport GT, executive Gt and normal QP only the options that they offered?

anything more than that? like engine displacement, brakes size (bigger brakes on the Sport than the normal?) gear ratio.

thank you.

·
Registered
909 Posts
There are a few differences.

Sport GT is the most different - 20" wheels, stiffer suspension & faster shifting DuoSelect transmission (only in sport mode - different software only available on this trim), louder exhaust (center h-pipe deleted), cross-drilled brakes, blacked out grilles, carbon fiber interior trim by default, leather wrapped steering wheel, sport gt badge.

The Sport GT with automatic transmission also gets the paddles by default (optional on all other trims with automatic)

Executive GT - packaged options - 19" ball polished wheels, chrome grilles, comfort pack front seats, rear side sunshades, wood steering wheel and parking brake lever to match wood trim, Executive GT badge. Late '06 availability, 06 model year Executive GT cars have rear tables, no longer available in 07.

All models available with either DuoSelect or Automatic transmissions. Paddles optional on Standard or Executive GT with automatic, standard on Sport GT. Engines \ gears are the same on all DuoSelect cars, but the automatic did get a new design. (There is a more in depth breakdown of this in another thread)

·
Registered
52 Posts
lowing kit

Do you an info?? 2007 QT Sport
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the explanation..

you said that there is a a more in depth breakdown about this in another thread? what is the title of the thread ?

thank you so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you said that the sport GT comes with the paddle by default but when i used the configurator and build QP sport GT, it asked me whether i wanted to get the active shifting option. is this the same thing?

i'm very2 confused.

thank you so much.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Here is the thread with the automatic review \ impressions:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121

I just went through the configurator and I honestly don't know what the 'active shifting' option is. Unless something changed and we haven't heard yet, the paddles come with the Sport GT Automatic as a standard option. Selecting manual mode is done by moving the shift knob to the left. You only get the M/A button with the DuoSelect F1 'box.

edit: They have the same option on the Executive Automatic, which makes me think it's simply an error in the configurator and shouldn't show on the Sport GT.

- Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts