Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

just for future reference....just after my official sceduled service I went on a 650km trip. The day after when starting the car i get an "electronic suspension control error- please drive slowly to the service". Well it seems the QP has magnetic adaptive suspension controlled by the ECU and uses 8 sensors for it. Probably 1 sensor is gone (there are checking which one right now). The car electronics go to default mode and it is advised to drive carefully. It is indeed AMAZING how much road behaviour has changed!!! Even braking is slower and indeed the service guy told me that it affects everything from suspension to braking to acceleration. One can drive the car but adapt your limits since the car has become a different animal.....Just in case somebody will get a similar problem in the future.....

By the way here in Puerto Banus (Marbella) I spot a dozen Ferrari's every day (360's, 430's; but also 1 german red Enzo) but so far I only saw 1 Maserati (yellow coupe).....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
luckily i have never had this happen. were you on your trip or after?

btw i think the system is not different from the skyhook. isn't Bose (speakers manufacturer) working on a magnetic adaptive suspension? i dont think the skyhook is magnetic.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I don't believe skyhook is magnetic either. Delco makes the magnetic based suspension that is in the Corvette, and from what I've heard, Ferrari was going to use this system in an upcoming car. The magnetic system uses fluid which has particles in it whose density can be manipulated with magnetic fields.

I believe Skyhook is fully hydraulic, with the sensory accelerometers measuring the car's movement. I'm not sure who gave you the 8 number, but I believe its just 6 - one for each wheel and two for the body itself.

(accelerometer picture from wikipedia - not whats in the Masers)

These are essentially just an object of known mass with sensors on multiple axis which measure movement. Most airbag systems use single and double axis sensors, whereas the Skyhook system uses three-axis units. These are also tied into the MSP system for lateral movement. (six degrees, vs two in standard)

- Mark

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep right wheel sensor gone.....Called my own service back home so that they can order it for when I get back from the trip next week. I have to say I am very pleased with Maserati service here in Spain. I have to ask again but thought they told me 8 sensors: each wheel, accelarator and brake pedals and 2 for the body?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 sesnsors it is

Checked it again with the service guy and the QP Suspension uses 8 sensors....you can also find a complete explanation in your user's manual of the QP......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Suspension

Hey JGT!
When you had you suspension light on. Which sensor did you replaced? I have same problem on my 07 QP. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey JGT!
When you had you suspension light on. Which sensor did you replaced? I have same problem on my 07 QP. Thanks
When my qp had the suspension light on, it was one of the chips in the suspension ecu that was fried. I had the part rebuilt and the problem went away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts