Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Jeremy and I own Advanced Audio Designs in Sharon, MA. This is my first thread and I figured I would post some build pics of a Qp we are currently working on in my shop. My shop does all the dealer work for Ferrari and Maserati Of New England located in Foxboro, MA. We usually only install bluetooth kits that we have figured out how to control throught the steering wheel phone button and siruis, xm, built in radar, and back up camera. One of there customers has asked us to change the radio because he is not happy with the factory head and nav. So after some thinking we decided to use a Kenwoood KOS-V1000 brain with a Kenwood 7" touch screen monitor , xm, nav, back up camera auto in reverse, ipod cable, and 6 disc cd changer. All the equiptment except the back up camera is Kenwood.

The only issue changing the radio is there are some factory controls you still need to be able to change through the factory head when ever you want. Like the clock is through there, langauge is through there, trip, ect...So we decided to keep the factory head in the car in the factory radio location. We took apart the Kenwood 7" monitor and removed the touch panel from it and overlapped the touch panel onto the factory Maserati screen and extended the touch panels wires to the Kenwood 7" screen behind the dash panel, so the Kenwood monitor is still in the car working you just can't see it anymore. The Maserati radio will now be switched into a Kenwood touch screen intergration and expanded mod which you now add a new better Kenwood 3d Navigation, on which will be touch screen nav, a full hi speed touch screen ipod intergration, a 6 disc Kenwood cd changer, xm which again will be controlled through touch screen on the dash. Sky is the limit you can do many options with this Kenwood peice. From this Kenwood mod you can add aftermarket amps if you would like also.

Also if you need to change back to the factory Maserati head you may do so from the click of a button and then you can make any changes that you need to through the factory radio just like you would normally.

I will post some pics of what we have done so far and I will keep updating the pics as we get further into the install. Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Jeremy,

For a guy from New England you are pretty smart.

How do you hold that Kenwood LCD in place over the OEM?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeremy,

For a guy from New England you are pretty smart.

How do you hold that Kenwood LCD in place over the OEM?
The Kenwood LCD is mounted behind the dash below the vents. The touch panel to the Kenwood screen is overlapped the factory Maserati screen. It is only about 1/8 thick if that and it held on with some very very thin foam which is pressure fit just like how it is held on to the Kenwood screen.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Kenwood LCD is mounted behind the dash below the vents. The touch panel to the Kenwood screen is overlapped the factory Maserati screen. It is only about 1/8 thick if that and it held on with some very very thin foam which is pressure fit just like how it is held on to the Kenwood screen.
Very clever. Nice work.

I am building in a Pioneer DVD system in my 360 Ferrari. I'll post that when I am done.

I do like what you did here, however, as it is creative and very functional.

What's up with your site? Every page is bombing out for me!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very clever. Nice work.

I am building in a Pioneer DVD system in my 360 Ferrari. I'll post that when I am done.

I do like what you did here, however, as it is creative and very functional.

What's up with your site? Every page is bombing out for me!
Go to my myspace I can't find anyone halfway decent to update my site. My myspace has all my work on it. Check out the SL600 that we just finished...

·
Registered
1 Posts
super replicas

Hi a great navigation system is the one super replicas is selling.check out the super replica link at http://supereplicas.com/gpage33.html
Super Replicas is also offering an excellent sound system.
Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Navigation System with CD-IB100II iPod Adapter with a 7" touchscreen display, featuring very impressive GPS navigation, outstanding AV system audio controls, and numerous optional modules for iPod connection, Bluetooth, satellite radio, and more. iPod kit charges your iPod while drawing music from its superior Dock
For more than a year, companies such as Alpine and Clarion have gone a step beyond that simple formula, offering iPod integration kits that connect to AV and navigation system touchscreens - conceivably an ideal way to let users access their iPod music libraries. Pioneer has also released a number of touchscreen car AV and navigation systems in its AVIC series, including the D1 and D2, N1, N2, and N3, with its newest top-of-the-line model Z1 only recently appearing in stores. Like its predecessor screened models, AVIC-Z1 US$2000.
Seven inch screen with a mapping navigation satellite system For more information on the Pioneer system
http://www.navigadget.com/index.php/2006/04/19/pioneer-avic-z1-navigation-system-with-cd-ib100ii-ipod-adapter-review/ Also Super Replicas offers a reversing camera for the Lamborghini

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a QP 2009 - What should I use to get Blue tooth capability?
No AUX in the car just a 16 pin apple connection in the glove box.
I have an android phone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
We are the manufacturer of Maserati series Android radio-AUCAR, Quattroporte, ghibli, GranTurismo. If you have any need, please contact us. Thank you
WhatsApp: +8618665368551
Email: [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts