Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody with an QP (mine is 2004) had a problem with the climat control whereby the rear only blows out hot air? The dash vents blow cool air, but the car doesn't seem to get cool even after running at minimum temperature for long periods in normal exterior temperatures. I don't have the option of controlling the temperature from the rearseats. This problem seems to have appreard after the battery having gone flat and needing to be jump started.

- Toffe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark, thanks for the reply. I will check the fuses, as I am on holiday and cannot be without the car for a week.

It doesn't have separate controls in the middle for adjusting the temperature for the rear seats (extra option). I seems like the heater has been left on for the rear, even though the front vents blow cool air.

- Toffe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I have exactly the same problem on the same year of car after the same flat battery and jump start. I haven't sent it to the dealer yet, so can't help on what the reason is, but you are not alone

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark, thanks, this would be appreciated. Maranello service in UK had never heard of this problem, and are booked out until end of September (I got my appointment a couple of weeks ago, i.e. 6 week wait to get the car in...).

I checked the fuses, but couldn't see anything obviously wrong. My theory is that since the back seat temperature can be adjusted separately, it has been left on "very hot" (the air coming out is HOT, > +70C), but as I don't have the control panel, I cannot adjustment.

- Toffe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solution

The solution (which three difference service centers didn't know about) was to unplug the battry overnight. Presto, the following morning, aircon works perfect front and back. The fan is now also blowing less air and the cooling is more efficient. Just wished somebody would have suggested this earlier...

- Toffe

·
Registered
660 Posts
Toffe,

That the Maser dealers were unable to crack it down..? Naaahhh... you've gotta be kidding... and you're telling that one was Maranello... c'mon, seriously? :D

Being in the UK myself, the experience you get from the Maser dealership service is, how to put it, frustrating. The best option is to have your car done by a good, reputable independent (by reputable mean: someone enthusiasts of the marque have been trusting long-time) and just go to the dealership for the programmed services (nothing anyone with 2 grams of brain would not be able to do in their backyard, with the proper tools) so you get your logbook stamped.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts