Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I m working on a QP. The car is stuck in neutral and won't start at all. I have changed the F1 pump as it was not priming, The pump pressure is ok the fluid is bleeding fine but the car is stuck in neutral and the screen says 'Gear unavailable'. The scanner is not showing any faults you in gear box. Help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone, I m working on a QP. The car is stuck in neutral and won't start at all. I have changed the F1 pump as it was not priming, The pump pressure is ok the fluid is bleeding fine but the car is stuck in neutral and the screen says 'Gear unavailable'. The scanner is not showing any faults you in gear box. Help
Scan the parameters of air flow meter and check whether the connection is normal. It's just advice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can anyone comment if the stoplamp switch would play a role? The NCR needs to know the brakes are on before it'll engage a gear.

Re the driver's door (light switch) - I am guessing that if the F1 pump operates when the door is opened, then all is well with it.

Finally do both the hood and the trunk need to be confirmed as closed (with their respective switches) before the NCR will allow a gear to be selected?

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
What happens when you try to start on the key? What are you using to read codes?

C

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do the stop lamps actually come on reliably, consistently? Can you continuity test the trunk switch and the hood switch?
The brake lamp is ON all the time until I force the brake paddle towards me. The car shows malfunction in brake lamp switch. Has it something to do with the transmission?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I m removing the transmission on Monday talked to a Guy in england yesterday he said change the Clutch position sensor.Will update after change.

·
Registered
246 Posts
As I understand it, the transmission control unit (the Nodo Cambio Robotizzato - NCR) needs to know that the brakes are on (brake light switch) before it will engage 1st gear or reverse gear. Likewise it needs to know that the hood is closed (i.e. no one standing in front of the car working on the engine) and that the boot is closed (no one getting something out of the boot). That's why the malfunction of these switches will prevent you from engaging a gear, moving forwards or in reverse.

As a side issue, it is almost always prudent to replace the clutch position sensor (suffers heat damage... improved in the GT S MC Shift), the throw out bearing, and the pilot bearing any time a clutch replacement is done! Use a Hill Engineering (superior) throw out bearing. Clutch replacements really do add up $ 'cuz of all of these adjacent component replacements.

Have the flywheel machined smooth by a competent machinist! No "dished" machining jobs!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Update: I m removing the transmission on Monday talked to a Guy in england yesterday he said change the Clutch position sensor.Will update after change.
Before you pull out all of those components, first check that all "enablers" or "preventers" of it engaging a gear check out 100%. Also, be really sure your battery is at 100% or better!

·
Registered
246 Posts
By the way, the transmission position transmitter can be mistakenly put back together with, I think, the magnet mounted backwards. I THINK I have this correct. Others?

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Fix the brake light switch first. It's a double throw unit and if it doesn't correctly signal the ECU the car won't start.

C

Reactions: ahlan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fix the brake light switch first. It's a double throw unit and if it doesn't correctly signal the ECU the car won't start.

C
The brake switch has a malfunction and in QP it's really hard to get into....Are you sure the brake switch can cause this problem.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
It can cause problems, yes. Same as the GT.

If it's this specific problem: Impossible to tell from here

C

Reactions: Talha khan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update guys....Sorry for delay, I was waiting for the sensor to come. The car is in the same situation as before, it won't start, Gear unavailable message appears on the instrument cluster. I haven't changed the brake switch, but the gear box doesn't shows any problem or fault code in the diagnosis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update guys....Sorry for delay, I was waiting for the sensor to come. The car is in the same situation as before, it won't start, Gear unavailable message appears on the instrument cluster. I haven't changed the brake switch, but the gear box doesn't shows any problem or fault code in the diagnosis.
good day this is same issue to me granturismo 2013 model the car not start and then apper in ipc gear unavailabe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts