Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an issue that I can't diagnose. The right turn signal does not work. The hazard lights work on both sides and front and back. Left turn signal works front and back. Brake lights and parking lights work. The relay controls both the hazard and blinkers, so since all the hazard works and left signal works, I don't think that could be it (could be wrong though). All fuses are intact. I also swapped out the whole turn signal and cruise control mechanism on the steering column thinking there may have just been a contact worn or something. My last resort will be to change out the relay that seems to be working.

Any ideas of something else I should look at?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
sorry to hear about your troubles, mine does a weird double blink(of both lights) when I use the right blinker only, but goes away after a few minutes or using it a few times. I haven't quite diagnosed it either but since it goes away I can live with it for now. Have you tried leaving the blinker on for a while while driving (or car is on) to see if it comes on?

My cruise control switch is also broken, do you have the original one you swapped out for sale?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do still have it and will sell it to you for what I paid on Ebay for the one I replaced it with. $145 If I remember correctly it was around $250-$300 (plus shipping) on parts sites. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can hook you up.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had that problem too. I had the dealer diagnose it. It didn’t like the regular old bulb I replaced a burned out bulb with. They put a Maserati approved bulb in there and I never had another problem with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This sounds like a solid fix worth exploring before switching out my stalk....which bulb was it do you recall? Side marker or rear?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue. Even time to time the hazzard light was not working. I have measured and the battery capacity was low therefore I have changed to Exide 72 Ah battery and everything was solved. Check your battery condition or make a battery off/on for couple of hours.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It was the tail light turn signal bulb. The Slyvania bulb didn’t register the right amps or resistance or whatever the system monitors, which triggered the fast blink.

The tech replaced it with a Maserati approved bulb for like $20 plus like $170 for diagnostic and labor. Learned my lesson the hard way. Use only Maserati parts!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The GS has a turn signal relay that has discreet right left and hazard circuits. It is a small green relay over the pedals. I think replacing that will fix your problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
It was the tail light turn signal bulb. The Slyvania bulb didn’t register the right amps or resistance or whatever the system monitors, which triggered the fast blink.

The tech replaced it with a Maserati approved bulb for like $20 plus like $170 for diagnostic and labor. Learned my lesson the hard way. Use only Maserati parts!
Gotta watch Sylvania. I've had problems with using Sylvania bulbs in all my European cars.

The funny thing is that Sylvania bought Osram (or they merged - whatever). Anyway, the bulbs packaged as "Sylvania" now come from two sources - one from China (original Sylvania bulbs) and one from Germany (the Osram side). The country of origin is located on the back of each package and the quality is NIGHT and DAY! If I use a China Sylvania in my Mercedes, it will last 2 weeks. If I use a German one, it's working for 5-10 years, hands down.

Also, as you know the original Osram headlight bulbs came factory in Ferrari and Maserati. The part number cross referenced in Ferrari/Maserati/Osram with three different prices. FM dealer wanted $600 for the set when mine blew out. I matched up the Osram part numbers at Advance Auto Parts and they had two in stock. I picked them up and sure enough, those were the Osram Ferrari bulbs. But here's the kicker - THEY WERE NOW IN A SYLVANIA BOX! At $99 each, I didn't complain!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts