Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm a brand new Maserati Owner happily driving in a 2005 CC with 9K mi. I purchased my car from South Bay BMW and the dealer told me the car would come with all keys and books BEFORE I purchased. AFTER I purchased the dealer told me the car only had one key and no books - and stupid me believed they would live up to thier commitment. Soooo, as I'm fighting with the dealership, I'm wondering if anyone has insight into where I would be able to lay my hands on the 2005 CC books & keys. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BTW- this forum is AWESOME and gave me everything I needed to reserach & purchase my car. Not confiming the books/keys before purchasing was just a massive brain fart on my part.

Thanks,
DK3

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If you have it in writing, you have them by the balls.

Dont bother getting the book beforehand... waste of money. Just ask us and we will help :]

·
Registered
340 Posts
It could easily cost you $400 - $500 for a new programmed key so it is worth chasing down.

You see the manuals up on eBay every once in a while, but you can get any questions answered here just a easily.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd hold them to their word. It's a matter of honor.... and a pretty good chunk of cash. You should get the spare key and ALL the books and the case for the books. If they can't be compelled to be honorable, maybe it would be worth their while to avoid a day in court. (Small claims court for breach of verbal contract?) A deal is a deal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
throw it back at them if they don't supply as agreed. Surely if they see it's a deal breaker, they'll stump up for the keys & books..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyone's feedback. As it turns out I was able to convince the dealership to pay for the keys. :rolleyes: And since everyone on this awesome forum can help with the owners manual stuff, I didn't think that was absolutely necessary. I'm happy to share my emails on how I accomplished this if anyone is interested. Just let me know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks for everyone's feedback. As it turns out I was able to convince the dealership to pay for the keys. :rolleyes: And since everyone on this awesome forum can help with the owners manual stuff, I didn't think that was absolutely necessary. I'm happy to share my emails on how I accomplished this if anyone is interested. Just let me know. Thanks again!
Glad it worked out. If your correspondence wasn't anything inflammatory, I would love to see it. Might give me some strategies should I ever be faced with a situation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish all I needed was a key! I just got sooo screwwed on my Spyder purchase! Before I even set foot in the car I Had it delivered directly to a Maserati dealer following purchase from an independent dealer. Thought I got a good deal until I had it checked out. $12,000 in repairs quoted, $10,000 mechanical. Keys missing, key they supplied had remote components removed and was hollow, all books missing, they used some kind of thinner to clean the interior black parts and they are melting! I have purchased almost 70 vehicles and this is the screwing of a lifetime! So dont feel bad about the books, small problem to have! I just purchased mine from the dealer for $130 and that's a whole lot less than the $10K I just poured into this car before I ever even turned the ignition key! How dare I trust this seller and his description of the car condition. My big big huge mistake!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
@Moltovino: Maseratiboy has a point. That level of service is surely something you can sue them for.

Good luck

@DK3: congrats on getting the issue resolved :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Power to the masses

I had to do some research on the dealer's parent company, execs and commitment. Based on that, here's the letter that got me my key with the company and exec names removed. I think it can repurposed for just about anything. :D

Unfortunately this did not work out in the way I was hoping, but at a minimum I appreciate you communicating that you are not able to meet the promises and commitments you made to me prior to purchasing this automobile. You may be curious why I'm spending so much time and effort trying to resolve this issue. The simple answer is that I deeply believe in honoring the words and commitments we make and I value high integrity in business and in people. My hope at this stage is that your executive management team at XYZ will feel the same way about honoring commitments as I do.

I hoped we would be able to resolve this issue between the three of us, but since this is not possible, on Saturday I will send out a summary email about my buying experience including all of our past emails starting with the fact that this Maserati was falsely advertised with Navigation, to your final decision of not being unable to honor the commitment you made to me about providing books and keys for the car. I will send this via email and postal mail to your executives at the XYZ Company, including your CEO XYZ and SVP XYZ, XYZ and Rich XYZ, while including your GM and you.

My hope and ask is that they will expedite a resolution to this issue as well as better understand the experience of a customer going through the sales process at XYZ dealership. Again, my desire was to resolve this between the three of us, but since was not possible I will need to escalate on Saturday to someone who might be able to resolve this issue for me. I hope this escalation has no adverse impact on you both and that you can understand the situation I'm in as a customer that was not given what was promised.

Sincerely,
DK3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts