Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 Grand Sport Spyder. The Car lists over $112,500. The dealer is willing to sell the car to me for $94,500. Is that a good deal. It is brand new red with black interior with carbon fiber pieces and all options except navaigation. What do you think?
JEff

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds good

Make sure to post some pics when you get the car!!

Thats a hell of a deal, the Ferrari Maserati of Silicon Valley wont even budge but about $2000.00 less than sticker, so if i was you i would pick it up its a passionate car

·
Registered
660 Posts
Holy sh*t, you got a great deal in hands... seriously.

Just wonder if the car has not fallen from the delivery truck... check it exhaustively (even if it has the nylons on the seats). The guy is knocking-out 16% of the sticker price... he's pretty much taking the 1st year depreciation hit for you. Wonder why...

Hope Mark (who's at Minn Maser dealership) can give you his views. But otherwise I'll go for it anytime.

And enjoy!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ferrari Maserati of SF will also go only about $2K under list in my experience. It seems they're selling cars fast enough to suit their needs.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You certainly got a good deal there.

but... why is it that our cars sell for less than they list before going out the door of the dealer?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well, they usually shave a bit of their margin to nail you down, if they see you willing... but 16% is a massive discount.

Remember the guy at Rossocorsa in Milano some months ago trying to close-up a package for a splendid 612 that a friend was seriously after... he knew my buddy meant business, but reckoned he was not 100% decided. In the end and after some number-crunching, not only he closed the deal, but the package included some extra goodies (worth some hefty Euros) on Ferrari marque clothing and luggage set as a present.

Now, give me a 16% (!) rebate off the shelf and... well, where do I have to sign, Sire..?

·
Registered
773 Posts
look the good deal in the---

mouth. pressure is on, buyer is to enjoy! dealer sweat floor plan, and who cares. enjoy your new maserati! thats all,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys. I thinking I will be buying it tommorrow. The dealer is Algar Ferrari & maserati in Rosemont PA. I own a used car dealership hopefully they are just extending a courtesy to me. The website is http://www.algarmaserati.com/mas_showroom.php

The car is on there now. By tommorrow it should be off. Seems like a great deal. Just need to get enough for my 2002 Corvette Conv.
I will post after I get the car.

If you guys wouldnt mind, take a look at the car and let me know what options it is missing, if any? Does heated seats come standard? Let me know. I appreciate it in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
835 Posts
Blue Nettuno with cuoio leather,navy carpets and navy canvas top.
blue is a good color :)

Options include: door mouldings in carbon fibre,
soft top compartment cover in cuoio leather,
roll bar coverings in cuoio leather,
wind stop,
car cover, darn...didn't know they would throw that in too
red brake calipers,
heated seats with driver seat memory function,
full leather interior,
navy piping,
xenon lights,
Skyhook suspension,
CD chagner wow...a CD changer too...hahaha
and spare wheel kit

no mentioning of the sat/nav...which is a good thing. don't waste your money on the factory sat/nav, it's junk.
yep, it's got everything. go for it! you'll let me ride in it, correct?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah... from all of us that didn't get anywhere near $18K off... Ow and Wow, congratulations.

·
Registered
530 Posts
And the winters in Minneapolis aren't that bad...

(actually everyone's brains have frozen so they don't notice and drive around top down well into February).

former Chicago person

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got $16k off on my 05 coupe ($105,xxx MSRP, $89.9k deal) when new - but there seemed to be not much demand at that time (summer 05).

Nettuno blu is a nice color, just like my car. :) Very classy. :)

Note that nettuno means "neptune". Get it? Trident. Neptune.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Also, a good dealer with a good service department (at least that's been my experience with Algar thus far).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Before you go ahead with that deal, just make sure you are aware that next year this time that car will not be worth more than $70,000 on a good day...just look at 2005 spyders resale values (a dealer will not pay you more than 70k and more like in the mid 60's) and the new model hasnt even come out yet. So we are talking a $24,000 hit in one year even with an 18k discount...remember the new car is coming out and will crush these cars resale values even further. Best of luck with the deal.
PS A friend of mine bought a GS spyder from a NE dealer recently and got over 20k off sticker, so there is still more room, I would be firm, any money you dont pay them now you will save later...

·
Registered
191 Posts
DJ4200GT said:
Before you go ahead with that deal, just make sure you are aware that next year this time that car will not be worth more than $70,000 on a good day...just look at 2005 spyders resale values (a dealer will not pay you more than 70k and more like in the mid 60's) and the new model hasnt even come out yet. So we are talking a $24,000 hit in one year even with an 18k discount...remember the new car is coming out and will crush these cars resale values even further. Best of luck with the deal.
PS A friend of mine bought a GS spyder from a NE dealer recently and got over 20k off sticker, so there is still more room, I would be firm, any money you dont pay them now you will save later...
Demand for Maseratis in the NE must suck then, since here in Southern California Spyders are discounted around $2-5k from MRSP new, and used 1 yr old Spyders routinely go for over $85k.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts