Maserati Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just changed mine last weekend and they look amazing, right now its the only thing i have done, looking to see what small mods i can do next as i like the car stock but want that extra little touch to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I prefer my cars unmolested. Wouldn't buy one that's been modified, unless it could be easily converted back.

But I find these lights tempting.....

Which ones are you using? Seems at least 2 different ones have been offered on Ebay. One fits better than another, from what I've read.

Hans.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Dremel tool is the star of this show! Took me a while as this was probably the world's best manufactured OEM light!!!!! Got lights from Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Logo-LED-Step-Door-Courtesy-Welcome-Light-Ghost-Laser-Projector-For-Maserati/192862731291?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Trim the OEM light fixture and the new light fixture until it all just fits together. Finished product was pretty good though ?
I even had to Dremel out the clear lens. Used a hot glue gun to glue the new light to the OEM fixture. Attach wires however you see fit. I pressed new light pins into OEM light connector and electrical taped it! (retained OEM connectors in case i want to install OEM courtesy lights again)
Man... you aren't kidding about those stock lights being well built! I took my time with the Dremel and did a few test fits to make sure that I didn't cut away too much material from the factory light. That metal clip on the factory light and the electrical connection on the new projector light both get in the way of each other... I too had to cut away the electrical plug area to clear the clip. I tried to put it in the opposite way, but it just doesn't work that way.

Thanks for posting up the pics! It made it a bit easier to see what I was working with here.

Mark

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Man... you aren't kidding about those stock lights being well built! I took my time with the Dremel and did a few test fits to make sure that I didn't cut away too much material from the factory light. That metal clip on the factory light and the electrical connection on the new projector light both get in the way of each other... I too had to cut away the electrical plug area to clear the clip. I tried to put it in the opposite way, but it just doesn't work that way.

Thanks for posting up the pics! It made it a bit easier to see what I was working with here.

Mark
I know right..lol
Those flipping things are tough! Glad i could help.

·
Registered
2014 Granturismo MC Convertible
8 Posts
Did this last weekend, like they have said earlier it was very easy to trim down the OEM frame to fit the smaller shadow lights into it. Anyone thinking about doing it go ahead and go for it , doesnt get much easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just put these in easily with no error codes from eBay if it helps anyone. Fitment is a little loose but just used some double sided tape to hold them in place without a problem. Glue gun could have worked as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
somewhat related to this, but does anyone know the size of the bulb for the trunk? Its the one light on the inside of the trunk in the carpet.
the previous owner replaced the halogen bulb with an oversized LED that not only doesnt actually fit the housing so its not sitting correctly in the plastic casing but is the only error code my car keeps scanning.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
somewhat related to this, but does anyone know the size of the bulb for the trunk? Its the one light on the inside of the trunk in the carpet.
the previous owner replaced the halogen bulb with an oversized LED that not only doesnt actually fit the housing so its not sitting correctly in the plastic casing but is the only error code my car keeps scanning.
If your car is a Granturismo, mine is a 2014, give this bulb a try. Bulb style is a T10. No error codes and plenty of brightness, going on 3 years now.

Finger Gesture Font Thumb Wrist
Circuit component Gesture Finger Electronic component Thumb

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did this last weekend, like they have said earlier it was very easy to trim down the OEM frame to fit the smaller shadow lights into it. Anyone thinking about doing it go ahead and go for it , doesnt get much easier.
I just did mine. It took me about 5 min for the 1st one and 30 sec for the other.

Mine truly were PLUG AND PLAY. Dremal wuuut?

The only thing was the plug. I just jammed the aftermarket strip/plugs into the copper stays that would hold the bulb. The lights fit perfectly, and I can always go back to stock if needed. I was bummed that the light wasn't brighter - but the Maserati logo is hella cool.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I just did mine. It took me about 5 min for the 1st one and 30 sec for the other.

Mine truly were PLUG AND PLAY. Dremal wuuut?

The only thing was the plug. I just jammed the aftermarket strip/plugs into the copper stays that would hold the bulb. The lights fit perfectly, and I can always go back to stock if needed. I was bummed that the light wasn't brighter - but the Maserati logo is hella cool.
If I remember correctly, these lights were for a QP, hence the reason for the Dremel on my Granturismo. Glad yours was plug & play though. (y)

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
236 Posts
Mine were kinda plug n play, I had to silicone it to stick onto the frame as it was kinda loose, but it works fine. Lights off ebay

41 - 53 of 53 Posts