Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Fair enough. Given that the OEM puddle lights are cheap to replace I wasn't terribly concerned about hacking up the current plastic. For something that blinks on for 5 secs a time every few days I would like to think that even the cheapest LEDs could handle that for quite a while but only time will tell. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just a quick follow up.....Puddle lights are still running strong and have received countless compliments over the months!! Definitely a neat mod without looking cheap.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Purple? If you're referencing the picture I would say its just a color issue in the photo itself. The light is "hyper" white which like HID headlights can appear to have a hue but is not the least bit actual purple. Like I said, they are still running strong and for something sooooo simple it has gotten tons of compliments the moment you open the door.

Give it a go and I think youll be quite pleased. *Just make sure your orient them correctly before gluing into the modified OEM frame.*

·
Registered
2013 GranTurismo MC
138 Posts
I also strongly recommend these. Just buy them from eBay for like $15 for the pair, they come with a pin cable which is as close to plug and play as possible.

Instead of modifying the OEM light housing like OP did, I just used black binder clips to hold them in place. They’re under the door so you can’t see the clips anyways.

Will get pictures up soon!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,236 Posts
Anyone else getting a Pop up virus notice on this thread?

I got one 5 times.

I have ran 3 virus and security scans on my laptop.....nothing.
I have gone to dozens of websites.....nothing.
I come back to Maserati Life itself....nothing.
I got the "puddle light mod" thread and another window opens with virus ad/warning....so I immediately shut down and do virus scan.

This time I went to the active topics list and clicked page 2 directly and so far no virus.....
I don't dare to click page 1 of this thread again....
anyone else?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I also strongly recommend these. Just buy them from eBay for like $15 for the pair, they come with a pin cable which is as close to plug and play as possible.

Instead of modifying the OEM light housing like OP did, I just used black binder clips to hold them in place. They’re under the door so you can’t see the clips anyways.

Will get pictures up soon!
Interested in this solution! Could you add some pictures?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I actually used industrial/heavy duty Velcro strips cut to size to install the lights without modding the stock piece. very easy, you can remove the lights if needed and it has held up to the heat.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The Dremel tool is the star of this show! Took me a while as this was probably the world's best manufactured OEM light!!!!! Got lights from Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Logo-LE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Trim the OEM light fixture and the new light fixture until it all just fits together. Finished product was pretty good though :thumbsup:
I even had to Dremel out the clear lens. Used a hot glue gun to glue the new light to the OEM fixture. Attach wires however you see fit. I pressed new light pins into OEM light connector and electrical taped it! (retained OEM connectors in case i want to install OEM courtesy lights again)

Attachments

6,895 Posts
I maybe getting old...I can't get behind your door blasting the name of the manufacture of the car on the ground.. Sorry...If you own a nice car then keep it clean...I see so many dirty nice cars...It's disgusting...Jason

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,236 Posts
I maybe getting old...I can't get behind your door blasting the name of the manufacture of the car on the ground.. Sorry...If you own a nice car then keep it clean...I see so many dirty nice cars...It's disgusting...Jason

Jason,
I am the same way about most upgrades....BUT I have to admit I added the puddle light and it really is sharp at night. Give it a try and this specific upgrade I believe you would like.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
It's all subjective.... some guys won't lower their cars from the stock set up, tint the windows, add an audio upgrade, do custom floor mats, or custom wheels. You could go on for a month of Sunday's about this, that and the other thing! Point is, its simply a personal decision to mod or not to mod. But let it be held with the utmost respect, whatever direction someone goes in.... just saying!

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's a nice cheap mod, got mine in as well. Even noticed my passenger light was missing, so this fills a void. For a 12 year old car its an easy mod to bring it back up to date. There is also different kind of projections available. Just a logo or text if you want to be keep it down a bit.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts