Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 QP

Are the QP's negative or positive grounded vehicles?

Instructions are saying for negative grounded vehicles to connect for most cars, the red to the pos terminal and the black to a metal engine ground

Why can't I just connect the red ctek clamp to the pos terminal and the blk clamp to the negative post rather than a metal engine ground?

Don't want to fry my new car..

Thks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ctek

I recently upgraded my battery to the smaller, ligher, more powerful, and much faster charging Optima Red Top Battery ($144 at Summit Racing). The battery has a small accessory wire already attached to battery. I cut of the connector off the end of wire and attached one of the wires that came with CTek charger using butt connectors. Now I have a prewired plug on battery that is even fused! I just bought the new Ctek 7002 charger that is more powerful than the Ferrari brand one I bought for my 360. I think the difference is that the Ferrari version is 2 amp, and the 7002 model is 8 amp. The 7002 has 6 automatic charging modes and charges differently depending on type of battery and level of battery. It can even repair lead acid batteries by chargng with a current that alternates amperage up and down for the first part of cycle to break up acid crystals or something that happens to lead acid batteries. I also bough Ctek 7002 from Summit Racing also for about $110.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts