Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Could anyone please share pictures or online instructions about how to use floor jack to lift Maserati GT 2015 convertible? Where I can buy the proper adapters for the jack and for the jackstands?

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Also interested. I’ve owned BMWs and Audi’s all German. Wondering if the jacking points and adapters are the same for Maserati GTS?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Just as something of interest, I have my Grand Cabrio up on the Quickjack for about 8 weeks while I have removed all the interior plastic for refinishing. I learned the hard way that PZeros do not do well sitting in one spot in 90 plus heat. Of interest is the door alignment is definitely off when on the jack points but returns to perfect when back on the tires.

I have heard that the convertible body is much more flexible than the coup (lacking the strength added by the roof) but I’m curious if anyone with a coup has experienced this?

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Stiffening a Convertible

I have heard that the convertible body is much more flexible than the coup (lacking the strength added by the roof) but I’m curious if anyone with a coup has experienced this?
The convertibles have an extra cross member on the subframe that runs under the oil pan (was there a pre-facelift cabrio?) to add most of the stiffening that the hard roof provided.

That said, even the 4-doors (QPs) have some flexing that can be heard faintly at very low speeds over speed tables, for example. Heard more when the angle of attack over the irregularity is diagonal rather than straight forward.

KTBD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately that does not answer the question. Does anyone know where to check and then place the jackstands?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
The problem is that the proper jacking point and jack stand point are the same. I’ve seen some ingenious jack stand solutions on Utube but I just decided to go with Quickjack.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just as something of interest, I have my Grand Cabrio up on the Quickjack for about 8 weeks while I have removed all the interior plastic for refinishing. I learned the hard way that PZeros do not do well sitting in one spot in 90 plus heat. Of interest is the door alignment is definitely off when on the jack points but returns to perfect when back on the tires.

Where did you take your interior to get refinished?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
In years past, I had placed hoist lift pads under the suspension arms, in the area of where the shocks are attached.

Is this OK on Maseratis?

Hans.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Some Suitable Lift Points

In years past, I had placed hoist lift pads under the suspension arms, in the area of where the shocks are attached. Is this OK on Maseratis? Hans.
Older (QP5) owner manual says don't do that. Here are some pix of suitable points on a QP5. Maybe a 2015 GT is similar. The main point is to put the stand pad onto a subframe member. On a QP5 the square plates with the X are cover plates for piping. So if your car has these, use the edges, not the center of the plates.

The rectangles with the hole in the center, near the rocker panel, are the jack points for changing tires. A lift pad could go there if careful, but the rocker panel is plastic and can get beat up badly by a misplaced lift pad. I prefer some points further inboard for lift pads.

KTBD

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great pic. Thanks for that.

Hans.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
+1 ...If you are going to get under your car on jack stands then put the rims underneath as well if possible...Crazy as it sounds I literally have a bad complex about getting under cars on jack stands...Like I don't do it.....Maybe 3 times this year for a total of 2 minitues...It can be dangerous.....Jason

·
Registered
343 Posts
+1 ...If you are going to get under your car on jack stands then put the rims underneath as well if possible...Crazy as it sounds I literally have a bad complex about getting under cars on jack stands...Like I don't do it.....Maybe 3 times this year for a total of 2 minitues...It can be dangerous.....Jason
I've never actually got under a car with jack stands. The few times I didn't use a hoist on my old Ferrari, it sat on stacks of 2 X 12s. Damn near impossible to fall off of those!

Hans.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I know people get Harbor Freight flyers in the mail...A $60.00 dollar floor jack isn't something you should trust...Use some caution and have a backup to your backup....Good advice...J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts