Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Let me be the first.....

NICE!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Edit: What type and size spacers do you have for the rear wheels?

·
Registered
306 Posts
What was the full list of mods?

I hope these post...
FD DBW, Springs...etc
Beautiful stance and wheel spacing.

So how's she driving? Just wondering what the full list of mods were and how you ranked them - anything done on the exhaust side? Of course you may already have posted these details, I'll check...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Love the spacers, but I'd probably stick with 15 mm for both front and rear. You did 30mm on the rear, right?

Congrats, it looks great!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks great Steve! Hard to tell from the pics, but are the rear wheels/tires surpassing the fender at all? What was the "build quirk" you mentioned in your previous thread.

Did you get enough seat time to really distinguish the difference between stock before the FD mods? I.e. DBW and ECU mods.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very nice. The lowering combined with the spacers make it look very aggressive :cool:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Very nice. The lowering combined with the spacers make it look very aggressive :cool:
I do like the way the wheels fill out the well. Did you go with the FD spacers (& what size)?

In any case, looks GREAT. And in Rosso too - It may not be "the fastest color" but, it certainly is the sexiest!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great everything.

My GS does not have the quarterpanel badges (the one next to the fuel door), Are those an option? Can anyone get them from the dealer?

They look very nice

·
Registered
491 Posts
yes you can get them from dealer or your fav online store. Make sure to get the GS emblems with red stripes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys,
the 30mm spacers are being replaced with the 15mm. Jeff suggested that I do this...there was occasionally some rubbing on the drivers side. Looking to do the swap this weekend.
As far as the other mods. The DBW mod really does make the car feel 100% more direct. If you are driving hard and running the rpms up the car shifts fast and hard...poking around the shifts are faster but smoother.
Virtually all the squat that was there when accelerating and braking is gone...with the springs.
I am not going to replace or mod the exhaust. This car is more or less a driver and I dont want to make it too extreme. (wife drives it as well).
Next car...430 spyder or Gallardo spyder.....been watching the depreciation on those babies. Looks like a 05 430 Spyder will be in the 120s or less by years end....06 G Spyders are already there!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
This car came out very well. As pictured, it has the 30mm spacers, which will fit well on a stock ride height car. However once lowered they will occasionally rub. We're changing the design now to 25mm so that we'll clear on lowered cars as well. Of course you could also roll the fenders. My feeling is that +15mm all the way around is a good setup and the +15F / +25R will be very nice.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts